PDA

View Full Version : Need info: BRAUN FG1000/FL1000 studio lighting?

Patrik Roseen
21-May-2007, 16:39
Helllo,
I have been given free of charge a Braun FG1000 (studio flash pack on wheels) with two FL1000 lights on portable tripods (stands). I tested the equipment this evening and everything seems to work.

Each light gives 650W continuous light and 800Ws flash according to information on them. The FG1000 studio pack can connect 4 lights in various combinations according to info on the pack.

(The light consists of a glass circle on to which a glowing wire is attached on the outside of the glass and also a flat bulb with glowing spring inside....BTW which is flash and which is continuous light??)

Does anyone have any information to share for this equipment dating back to the 70s (?). I would be very grateful for any links on the web for further reading. I would also like to understand if there is any chance of finding any replacement 'bulbs'/flash.

Thanks, Patrik

Patrik Roseen
29-May-2007, 06:18
After googling for Braun and the name of my equipment I have only found alot of info about ladyshavers... quite interesting but still not what I am after.

Does anyone know where I can find info about vintage photography equipment by BRAUN?

Nick_3536
29-May-2007, 06:23
Was Braun linked to Metz? Did you try searching in German?

Patrik Roseen
30-May-2007, 07:32
Thanks for the reply Nick.

I have found the Braun photo site.
http://www.braun-phototechnik.de/braunphototechnikDe/De/index.htm

I will send an email to the 'kontakt' and see what happens...I'm very close to giving up on this one.

On the positive side is that I have now also been given two umbrellas, two diffusers and a third lamphead by the original owner of this equipment.

Bob Salomon
30-May-2007, 08:50
Thanks for the reply Nick.

I have found the Braun photo site.
http://www.braun-phototechnik.de/braunphototechnikDe/De/index.htm

I will send an email to the 'kontakt' and see what happens...I'm very close to giving up on this one.

On the positive side is that I have now also been given two umbrellas, two diffusers and a third lamphead by the original owner of this equipment.

PAtrik,

Braun Nurnberg is NOT the manufacturer of your flash. Braun is a very common name in Germany. This Braun made the Braun Paxette cameras, still make slide projectors, digital frames, slide scanners and small compact cameras as well as projector screens and projector stands.

You want to find the Braun that made flashes many years ago. They were part of Gilette.

n8ivewoman
20-Feb-2009, 21:05
Helllo,
I have been given free of charge a Braun FG1000 (studio flash pack on wheels) with two FL1000 lights on portable tripods (stands). I tested the equipment this evening and everything seems to work.

Each light gives 650W continuous light and 800Ws flash according to information on them. The FG1000 studio pack can connect 4 lights in various combinations according to info on the pack.

(The light consists of a glass circle on to which a glowing wire is attached on the outside of the glass and also a flat bulb with glowing spring inside....BTW which is flash and which is continuous light??)

Does anyone have any information to share for this equipment dating back to the 70s (?). I would be very grateful for any links on the web for further reading. I would also like to understand if there is any chance of finding any replacement 'bulbs'/flash.

Thanks, Patrik

Archphoto
20-Feb-2009, 21:21
The one with the glowing spring inside is the continuous light.

Looks like a nice set ! Congrad's !