PDA

View Full Version : FLM Ballheads

Ted Harris
20-May-2007, 13:45
Anyone have any experience with these? I am still searching for a medium sized ballhead for travel and the FLM 38 looks like it might be attractive. My preference is for a ballhead that is no larger or only slightly slight larger than the base on my Feisol 3441 (a hair under 2") ... all the heads I own now are waaaaay too big.

Eric James
12-Jun-2007, 11:35
I've never heard about the FLM heads but I recommend staying clear of the SY model!

I have a newly acquired Acratech V2 - it weighs a pound, it's very strong, and it's well made. I believe it would compliment your 3441. I'd say that it fits between the RRS 55 and 40 in terms of holding power, and that's what I was looking for. I believe the base is a tad wider than your tripod's two-inch base.

http://www.acratech.net/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=V2ballhead

Bob Salomon
12-Jun-2007, 12:18
The new Novoflex Ball 30 or Ball 40 will easily handle what you have.

Jean-Marie Solichon
12-Jun-2007, 13:41
I have been using a FLM 32 on a Gitzo Basalt series 1 for about 1 year 1/2. Lightweight setup for Rolleiflex TLR and DSLR...
The head is OK with TLR but did not like the switch from D70 to D200. Strength and ergonomy are far inferior to Arca B1/Z1.