PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Linhof Compendium Shades -- any ever try one?

Frank Petronio
19-May-2007, 18:22
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lens-Hood-Shade-For-Linhof-Technika-4x5_W0QQitemZ220113278854QQihZ012QQcategoryZ29979QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone ever tried one of these $99 wonders? The pictures look pretty nice, like it just plugs right into the top of the front standard. I used to like using these with studio cameras... if it is solid then they really are nice shades...

thanks

David A. Goldfarb
20-May-2007, 05:13
$99+55 shipping to the US. How much are Linhof compendium shades going for these days on eBay?

Frank Petronio
20-May-2007, 05:33
Well this looks like it flips up on a hinge, like a lot of the shades made for the Toyos and Wistas, which is really nice. I think the Linhof has a fixed bar... slower to get to the shutter.

David A. Goldfarb
20-May-2007, 06:28
That is a good feature.

Arne Croell
29-May-2007, 12:57
Well I decided to get one after reading this thread and it fits well and is nicely made. Maybe not the tanklike quality of Linhof but certainly good enough for me. The flip-up feature is nice compared to both the Lee compendium or the Linhof one I have for the Technikardan. Here are 2 pics of it on the Technika.

Rider
29-May-2007, 14:03
How does it attach to the front standard?

David A. Goldfarb
29-May-2007, 15:12
It looks like it has a slot for masks on the front. Is there also a filter slot on the back, 4x4" I would hope?

Arne Croell
29-May-2007, 17:44
How does it attach to the front standard?
It has two pins that fit into the corresponding holes on top of the front standard.

Arne Croell
29-May-2007, 17:47
It looks like it has a slot for masks on the front. Is there also a filter slot on the back, 4x4" I would hope?

Yes, there is a 4" slot on one side

Tachi
11-Dec-2007, 11:05
Hi, I would like to check if it will fix on my Technikardan 4x5.

tim atherton
11-Dec-2007, 11:23

be nice if it did...

the technikardan compendium really is a badly designed and made piece of crap...

Hard to use and I don't know how many times I've had to fix, re-screw and glue mine

Ron Marshall
11-Dec-2007, 14:19
It looks the same as the Shen Hao I bought from Badger Graphics. Works well and fairly well made.

Arne Croell
11-Dec-2007, 23:56

Unfortunately it doesn't, the Technikardan front standard does not have the holes to hold it. And yes, the compendium is made by Shen Hao, it has their label on it. From experience, it is worthwhile to check the screws holding the struts to the frame occasionally-they can come loose.

For the Technikardan, a Lee compendium is a good alternative (its slightly too big on a Technika, interferes with the bed).

Bob Salomon
12-Dec-2007, 03:58
" I don't know how many times I've had to fix, re-screw and glue mine"

Why not let us repair it? This is not a common complaint as the TK, MT and the Kardan all share the same compendium. Only the adapter and the rods differ.