PDA

View Full Version : Arches Platine

Andrew O'Neill
18-May-2007, 18:51
Anyone know if I can purchase this paper in Vancouver, BC? I've looked at the big places like Opus and Loomis...nothing.

Doug Herta
18-May-2007, 19:49
Andrew - It might be worth your while to come down to Seattle and buy it at Daniel Smith, or order it online. What are you using it for, and how much do you need?

I switched from Platine to Rising Stonehenge (which is on sale at Daniel Smith for $1.01 a 22"X30" sheet in 100+ quantity).

Jorge Gasteazoro
18-May-2007, 21:03
I switched from Platine to Rising Stonehenge (which is on sale at Daniel Smith for $1.01 a 22"X30" sheet in 100+ quantity).

Why did you change?

Louie Powell
19-May-2007, 02:32

Doug - you might want to be thinking about an alternate. The Rising mill is being shut down next month.:(

Doug Herta
19-May-2007, 10:11
Why did you change?

Jorge,

The surface of the Rising Stonehenge looks better for the prints I have been working on and the paper is easier for me to clear. I have been hearing about the mill closure and want to stock up - as well as start looking for an alternative. B&S is running a special sampler pack (go look over at APUG) so when that arrives I will reassess what direction I want to take.

Doug

Andrew O'Neill
19-May-2007, 10:16
I have been using Rising Stonehenge too. I just thought I'd try another paper...Looks like I'll be making a trip to the art store and stocking up on Stonehenge...

sanking
19-May-2007, 10:20
Doug - you might want to be thinking about an alternate. The Rising mill is being shut down next month.:(

I had not heard that. Too bad. Rising Stonhenge is one of my favorite papers for kallitype and palladium, plus it is quite inexpensive.

Sandy King

Christopher Perez
19-May-2007, 18:13
Do you need to size Rising Stonhenge for it to work with palladium?

I had not heard that. Too bad. Rising Stonhenge is one of my favorite papers for kallitype and palladium, plus it is quite inexpensive.

Sandy King

Christopher Perez
21-May-2007, 16:17
On April 23, 2007, Legion announced they had purchased the facility and were keeping it open (http://www.legionpaper.com/pub/files/PressReleaseLegionAcquiresRisingBrandsLOGO.pdf). True? Or???

So... back to my earlier question: Is Rising Stonehenge usable without first sizing when printing Pt/Pd?

... The Rising mill is being shut down next month.:(

Jorge Gasteazoro
21-May-2007, 17:16
Jorge,

The surface of the Rising Stonehenge looks better for the prints I have been working on and the paper is easier for me to clear. I have been hearing about the mill closure and want to stock up - as well as start looking for an alternative. B&S is running a special sampler pack (go look over at APUG) so when that arrives I will reassess what direction I want to take.

Doug

WHat is the surface like? Smooth? I loved Socorro but B&S does not sell it anymore and NY art sells Van Gelder too thin....I was planing on staying with ARches, but might try the Sotnhenge.

Mike Castles
21-May-2007, 18:31
Good to see the news about Legion taking on the Stonehenge paper. Tried it once with Plt/Pld, but seems like it needed to be sized (but I could be wrong about that) it worked really well, I thought, for VDB though.