PDA

View Full Version : Any modern View lenses use cemented pairs?

Gene McCluney
14-May-2007, 09:46
Most all of the modern view camera lenses are air spaced elements, as far as I know. I was wondering if any currently made lenses actually use cemented pairs?
Just a curiosity question.

Ole Tjugen
14-May-2007, 09:58
Most of them do!

There are a few fully air-spaced lenses, but most have at least one cemented group.

David A. Goldfarb
14-May-2007, 10:11
Most of them do. Check out the technical datasheets for all the current lenses at www.schneideroptics.com, and most have at least one cemented pair.

Uli Mayer
14-May-2007, 11:00
Gene,
I get the feeling you are some kind of occupational therapist disguised as student.

Uli

Gene McCluney
14-May-2007, 13:16
Gene,
I get the feeling you are some kind of occupational therapist disguised as student.

Uli

Ha ha, no I am a Commercial Photographer for over 31 years now, but just recently I have become interested in expanding my knowledge of the lenses I use, or lenses I want to acquire, since I have been doing a whole lot more Large Format photography for personal projects outside of my routine studio work.

Charles Hohenstein
14-May-2007, 15:06
Does anyone else find the phrase "cemented pair" exciting? I think I may be suffering from some kind of lens-talk disease, like those people who can't stop talking about "bokeh." :)

Ole Tjugen
14-May-2007, 15:11
Try "cemented quartuplet". That limits it to about 15 different lenses, all legendary (or worse). Anyone ever seen an O. Simon Octanar? :)