PDA

View Full Version : Sinar P2 8x10 Bag bellows - any help finding one?

starlen
13-May-2007, 21:56
Hi -

I recently purchased a P2 at what I think was a pretty great price. However, I'm killing myself trying to find a wide angle bag bellows for it. I've discovered that I've got the metering back (I'm learning here), which has a 12" square frame at the large end. I see a few of the non-meter back bag bellows (and bought one by mistake), but I can't find the one I need anywhere.

I'm willing to buy aftermarket, or anything that I can hopefully get for under $500. Any suggestions?

John Powers
14-May-2007, 04:00
Watch eBay. I have seen both sizes come up. You just need to wait.

John

David A. Goldfarb
14-May-2007, 05:08
Heh. When I was looking for the non-MB bag bellows, I could only find MB bellows, and I bought TWO and had to sell them. There's a NYC studio photographer on eBay who goes by "apogeebee." His prices are on the high side for eBay, but he has a good selection of Sinar stuff, and it's probably not all listed all the time. You might e-mail him directly.

Darryl Baird
24-Jul-2009, 10:02
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem.
I bought a Sinar 8x10 C that appears a bit cobbled together... the standard is chrome, but the back is black. It came with the standard tapered bellows. OK, so far so good. I bought a chrome front P standard and have been using the camera heavily in my little studio.
I'm very happy, so far, but now I want to venture outside and bought a "Sinar" bag bellows for some interior shots and found the (just arrived) bellows are too small to fit my 8x10 rear frame/standard. Whoa (woe?) baby! How can I tell which back I have so I can find a replacement bag bellows without the same mistake?

thanks

Hatrick
9-Dec-2009, 08:10
Hi Starlen,
Do you still have the Sinar P2MB 810 wide angle bellows? I have the P2 810 wide angle bellows I believe you are after, I own a Sinar P2MB 810 camera and experienced the same learning curve as you resulting in the purchase the P2 810 wide angle bellows instead of the P2MB wide angle bellows. Wanna swap?
Regards,
Pat. ><>