PDA

View Full Version : "L" shaped locking pins for 8x10 film holders.

Joe G. Baldwin
18-Jun-2000, 09:48
Does anyone know where I can purchase these items. I have a couple of holders t hat have missing locking pins.

Thanks.

Sean Billy Bob Boy yates
18-Jun-2000, 11:05
I went to the hardware store and purchased brass L-hooks of the appropriate size. They needed to be trimmed a bit but they worked just fine.

Natha Congdon
19-Jun-2000, 16:51
I have Toyo 8 X 10 holders, which are beautifully made, except that the locking pins are completely destined to fall out. I think they are now gone from all of my holders. The first time it happened, I tried an experiment: pick up a holder with nothing in it, put in the dark slide with no locking pin. Now try every way of rubbing, jostling or shaking the holder, short of actually grabbing the dark slide and pulling it out. It stays snugly in place. My conclusion is that, at least on Toyo 8 X 10 holderrs, the locking pins are superfluous. The dark slide is large enough and friction-y enough that it's not going anywhere. I've exposed hundreds of sheets with these now, many of which go off to the lab for processing, and never a light leak. Try it - maybe your holders are also potentially pin- free.

Nathan

Bob Salomon
20-Jun-2000, 09:08
Fidelity, Lisco and Riteway holders are all made by a company in Hollywood that is owned by the same group that owns Calumet.

Why not ask Calumet?