PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 Ground Glass source?

ggbushaw
9-May-2007, 13:35
Where can I get an 8x10 ground glass with a grid without paying both arms and a leg? My old Deardorff has a plain ground glass, but I'm not as good as I'd like to be at making sure verticals are vertical and horizontals aren't.

Walter Calahan
9-May-2007, 13:41
http://www.satinsnowglass.com/html/cameras.html

http://www.canhamcameras.com/glass%20and%20fresnel.html

Kevin Crisp
9-May-2007, 13:58
Or just take a sharp #3 pencil and draw in some lines on the frosted side.

Bob Gentile
9-May-2007, 14:03
Dave at Satin Snow will set you up nicely. (Link above.) His glass is very bright and very reasonably priced.

Dave Parker
9-May-2007, 14:49
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the endorsement, one thing though, I do not apply the grids to the glass, we however do have a template available for download, that are very easy to trace onto the glass.

That said, what I do with my screens is I print my template out on a overhead transparency screen and then mount the grid over top of the glass when I install it.

Now if you have a decent screen already, you can download our template for free and use the couple of ideas posted here and have a grid to use.

One thing to remember, normally us that produce ground glass, don't apply grids, this is a function of the particular camera company after they buy the glass from us, so if your looking for a gridded screen, you will have to buy from the original manufacture, or pick up a new old stock screen or a used screen...

Dave Parker
Satin Snow Ground Glass

ggbushaw
10-May-2007, 09:00
Dave-
I've downloaded the 8x10 grid from the Satin Snow website, and will transfer it to my existing ground glass. To make sure I understand your procedure for doing so, am I right that you print the template onto adhesive-backed transparency film, and then apply it to the smooth (non-ground) side of the glass?

Thanks to everybody for the good quick advice. This forum is a great resource.

Gordy Bushaw