PDA

View Full Version : Article on Baby Photography

Brian C. Miller
8-May-2007, 21:24
Seattle Times: Baby photography has finally grown up (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2003694939_kidpix07.html)

And through all the angst of $100,000 for a towel and a washing machine, the little tykes toddle along.

JW Dewdney
9-May-2007, 02:07
Cameras should be left in the hands of adults, in my opinion. Babies have NO place making photographs.

Greg Lockrey
9-May-2007, 05:51
In my begining years as a photographer, I PAID MY DUES by photographing 30+ sittings of screeming kids a day six days a week for Olan Mills Studio.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ed Richards
9-May-2007, 06:57
> Babies are almost always relaxed for their sessions, photographers say. However, parents, especially the first time they have their child's picture taken, are the nervous ones. That's why photographers are creating work spaces that are half studio/half spa, where subtle aromatherapy candles and soothing instrumental music are the norm.

My mother in law was a pediatrician - she had a much simpler solution to nervous babies for public occasions. Give them a little vodka. Said it worked for the mothers too.

Ben R
9-May-2007, 07:14
> Babies are almost always relaxed for their sessions, photographers say. However, parents, especially the first time they have their child's picture taken, are the nervous ones. That's why photographers are creating work spaces that are half studio/half spa, where subtle aromatherapy candles and soothing instrumental music are the norm.

My mother in law was a pediatrician - she had a much simpler solution to nervous babies for public occasions. Give them a little vodka. Said it worked for the mothers too.

Yeah but can you see the photographer loading up a syringe of vodka for the baby and not being beaten to death? A doctor could get away with it!

I gave my 1 year old daughter a tiny drop of whisky to try and stop her reaching for my whisky tumbler at a dinner party. Bad mistake, who would have thought that a toddler would like expensive cask strength single malt whisky so much! Now I wait till she's gone to bed before pouring myself a dram..