PDA

View Full Version : Martin Parr interview

tim atherton
8-May-2007, 20:58
Not directly about LF, but I just posted a link to a very interesting interview with Martin Parr.

It's an hour long and covers a lot of ground - traditional film, digital, thinking about your photography, the emergence and significance of Flickr (and Bruce Davidson losing a major job to a girl on Flickr), projects and ideas, publishing, curating and more. It an interview at a show at the Musée de l'Elysée, Lausanne.

Overall I found it pretty interesting

http://photo-muse.blogspot.com/2007/05/martin-parr-redux.html

http://www.boring.ch/waapn/incoming/podcasts/martin_parr.mp3

adrian tyler
8-May-2007, 22:54
thanks tim, i listend to it a couple on my ipod waiting at the airport, great stuff...

Martin D.
10-May-2007, 03:44
Interesting that Parr says that there will always be a niche market for film because photographers such as e.g. Gursky will always be using film. I saw the current exhibition of Gursky in München and he was already presented (by the organizers) as a digital photographer using a Hasselblad digital camera....

tim atherton
10-May-2007, 07:54
Interesting that Parr says that there will always be a niche market for film because photographers such as e.g. Gursky will always be using film. I saw the current exhibition of Gursky in München and he was already presented (by the organizers) as a digital photographer using a Hasselblad digital camera....

I thought that - although to give him his due, I think the interview was before the latest Gursky's hit the scene

Same goes for Burtynsky now as well I think

Stephan.in.Belgium
23-May-2007, 05:06
Yep found this on JM Colberg's blog, very interesting interview.

Stephan.in.Belgium
23-May-2007, 05:07
I thought that - although to give him his due, I think the interview was before the latest Gursky's hit the scene

Same goes for Burtynsky now as well I think

Gursky has been shooting digital for a while now and this interview is only a couple of months old, but you can't expect Parr to know everything either ;)

Daniel Otranto
31-May-2007, 20:28
The thing that always impresses me the most with guys like this isnt their photographs, its more so their intellegence and eloquence

tombob
9-Jun-2007, 10:07
martin parr is a lecturer at my uni and he does maybe to lectures a year, we had a very similar lecture to this interview a couple of months ago from him