PDA

View Full Version : What do you carry your 8x10 holders in?

Chris Strobel
2-May-2007, 15:59
I've been toting around my 8x10 sheet film holders in a Gnass gear pouch made for three holders, but now I have 8 holders and am looking for ideas that will hold em all.

Thanks,
Chris

Michael Kadillak
2-May-2007, 16:10
I found a $20 insulated quasi backpack made for carrying food (or a couple of six packs) to the outdoors picnic that works great. Has a carrying handle and shoulder straps that tuck away into a side recess.

Another alternative is the cloth grocery sacks that you can get at Whole Foods or the organic food store in your area. These places despise plastic in any form and these bags are quite durable as they are designed for a long useful life. They have two long straps on each side that could easily fit over your shoulder and should handle the task easily.

Cheers!

Jack Flesher
2-May-2007, 16:17
I too use a small-ish soft 12-pack cooler that I paid $20 for, sized almost perfectly to hold 8x10 holders on their sides. It has a shoulder strap, handles and front pocket, and is padded with a zip lid. I store my individual holders inside trimmed down 11x14 bubble-padded mailing envelopes and I can get 12 holders the cooler while in those envelopes. Not a perfect solution, but it works pretty well.

John Kasaian
2-May-2007, 16:29
Same here with an insulated cooler. For carrying fewer holders I use a Equinox day pack.

Vaughn
2-May-2007, 16:35
Insulated cooler bag designed for 2 bottles of wine -- holds six (6) 8x10 holders and a box of film . I have three of these -- they go into an ice chest on longer trips if space is not an issue.

Vaughn

PS My pack has a zipped-on daypack on the back...it holds 5 8x10 holders...and another 2 holders inside the pack.

John Powers
2-May-2007, 19:09
I get into a lot of dust and dirt in old green houses and more recently old falling apart canal locks. To protect from dirt and light I wrap a pair of 8x10 film holders in the light tight plastic bags that orginally protect 16x20 or 20x24 silver print paper. As I expose the film I move exposed film to one end of the bag, unexposed to the other. I have a light weight kid's back pack to carry 6-8 holders. A second batch goes in a cheap canvas over night bag from Walmart. Either bag fits under the rails of the baby jogger I use to carry camera, tripod, lens bag and film holders up to two miles round trip from the car.

John

j.e.simmons
3-May-2007, 05:27
I found a used kid's backpack at a thrift store for a dollar. It holds 8 8x10 holders, a meter and metronome with room to spare.
juan

MIke Sherck
3-May-2007, 06:46
My 8x10 holders go, in pairs, into 2-gallon zip lock baggies, then into either the same kind of flexible insulated cooler tote others have mentioned, or into an inexpensive padded laptop computer carrying bag I got at Target for less than $20. The coolers each hold 6-8 holders, while the laptop bag holds four (I have 15 holders altogether.) I accumulated my film holders over time, so I also accumulated carrying bags over time as well. About the only thing they have in common is that 8x10 bags are all blue (the 4x5 bags are red.)

Mike

Jim Galli
3-May-2007, 07:03
My pickup. OK, I put them in a cheapy Costco thermal picnic bag and then put them in the pickup.

archivue
3-May-2007, 07:17
laptop's bag !

Benno Jones
3-May-2007, 11:59
A few years back someone on eBay was selling a lightly-padded case with a nice shoulder strap that had been made for some sort of video equipment but also very nicely fit 8 8x10 holders. I got one cheap and it's worked nicely for me.

Morten
3-May-2007, 15:34
laptop's bag !

Same her! (8 holders):D

Robert Skeoch
3-May-2007, 19:05
I keep mine in a plastic cooler bag with a strap on it. I think it holds six but it might be 8. I bought it from Blaze in CA.

It might have been $10.

-Rob