PDA

View Full Version : Be Gentile!

joe a kras
2-May-2007, 09:13
I've finally got my web site up. I've also finally gotten enough nerve to post it on this forum. I'd like to know what you think both good and bad, but be gintle as it is my first time!;) joekrasphotography.com

davidb
2-May-2007, 09:23
I think you mean "gentle". :)

John Brady
2-May-2007, 10:08
Joe, nice job on the new site! It is easy to navigate and has a very professional look.

excellent photography too....

jb

Ted Harris
2-May-2007, 10:12
Nice job Joe.

John Voss
2-May-2007, 10:33
(Just so you'll know, a 'gentile' is a non-Jewish person as described by a gentle Jewish person.) ;)

gregstidham
2-May-2007, 10:47
Looks good, easy to navigate and the photography looks great.

I like the negative / positive rollover play. Of course, I may be biased.:rolleyes:

G Benaim
2-May-2007, 10:48
I refuse to be converted!

(nice pic of you in Cambodia, is that an 8x10 dorf?)

Hiro
2-May-2007, 13:47
Overall I really like the clean, straightforward design.

A couple of comments:

The neg/pos cursor-over is a nice effect. From a visitor's perspective, though, I'd prefer plain thumbnails for individual images in the galleries in order to get a better idea about what's there at a glance.

No "Home" button/link? Although it doesn't affect navigation through the contents, it wouldn't hurt to have one.

joe a kras
2-May-2007, 13:49
Oops, stupid computer! Yeah I spelled it wrong. Thanks to all who viewed and replied. Yes that is me, the one sweating, not the one holding the umbrella. It is a Deardorff 8X10 I was using for this shot with a fuji 600 lens in Angkor Wat. I also wanted to acknowledge the moderators and the particpants of this forum. Everyone has done a fantastic job of providing invaluable information and assistance for all of us involved in this field. Kudos to all!

wfwhitaker
2-May-2007, 16:35
Oy.

Al Seyle
2-May-2007, 17:06
I concur with these and add this suggestion: I would not list my street address for ALL the world to see. City only. If someone wants to contact you, let it be by phone or email.

Just my 2 pennies. Good luck.

Jim Galli
2-May-2007, 19:30
Very Nice Joe! How's the 11X14ing?

Brian C. Miller
2-May-2007, 21:45
I would not list my street address for ALL the world to see.
If its a business address, then that's fine. After all, you do want people to find your studio or gallery.

Scott Davis
3-May-2007, 06:31
Joe- did you have to pay the commercial photography permit for Angkor, or did you just shoot and get away with it?

joe a kras
3-May-2007, 07:07
jim, the 11X14 is a beast. I love it! Its like learning to shoot all over again and having to process my own film is taking me way back.
scott, I had a special permit from the Cambodian goverment to use a tripod anywhere. My wife was doing a children book on Cambodia and she got a letter from the goverment allowing full access to all of the sites throughout the country. And yes many of my photos ended up in the book.

Bob Gentile
3-May-2007, 10:47
(Just so you'll know, a 'gentile' is a non-Jewish person as described by a gentle Jewish person.) ;)
It's also an Italian surname meaning, roughly, kind or polite person. (Or so I've been told. :rolleyes: )

Rider
3-May-2007, 17:42
Nice work. I especially like the shot from the top of Machu Picchu. And the website is very easy to navigate. Out of curiosity, have you sold any prints yet?

joe a kras
3-May-2007, 18:24
Rider, Thank you, unfortunatly I have not sold any through the web site as of yet.

Duane Polcou
4-May-2007, 00:37
Just so you know, a "putz" is a person who uses a compact digital. A "mensch" is a person who uses a view camera. A "Muench" is a demi-God. And Demi Moore still looks hot. And Michael Moore can be "schlemeil".

John Voss
4-May-2007, 01:57
Just so you know, a "putz" is a person who uses a compact digital. A "mensch" is a person who uses a view camera. A "Muench" is a demi-God. And Demi Moore still looks hot. And Michael Moore can be "schlemeil".

:D