PDA

View Full Version : Shen-Hao FCL57-A with Schneider 8/120 super angulon

diego_beltramo
20-Apr-2007, 12:28
I'm thinking to get a Shen-Hao FCL57-A but I'm wonder because I've read of the minimum Bellows Extension at 90mm, I will use my Schneider 8/120 super angulon and I'm not sure about the focusing and shift possibility. Do some one of you have experience with this camera/lens combination?
Many thanks in advance
Diego

Morten
20-Apr-2007, 12:39
I'm thinking to get a Shen-Hao FCL57-A but I'm wonder because I've read of the minimum Bellows Extension at 90mm, I will use my Schneider 8/120 super angulon and I'm not sure about the focusing and shift possibility. Do some one of you have experience with this camera/lens combination?
Many thanks in advance
Diego

Hi!,

No experience with 120mm on the camera, but I tested my 90/6.8 Angulon on it. No problem to get it to focus:rolleyes: , BUT I was unable to get the front track on the camera into the picture. :( I had no such problem with a 150mm. So it COULD be ok with 120mm. (I'm hoping :cool: )

Best Regards
Morten

Remigius
20-Apr-2007, 14:08
I was able to focus a SAXL 72mm at infinity with the FCL57-A, but only with indirect movements and with a bag bellows. Same for 90mm. Movements are somewhat limited (compared to my Sinar F1), but for landscape work it seems OK to me. So far I'm quite happy with it, I plan to take it to a trip Scotland next month.

diego_beltramo
20-Apr-2007, 14:53
I was able to focus a SAXL 72mm at infinity with the FCL57-A, but only with indirect movements and with a bag bellows. Same for 90mm. Movements are somewhat limited (compared to my Sinar F1), but for landscape work it seems OK to me. So far I'm quite happy with it, I plan to take it to a trip Scotland next month.

Thank you for your indications, I start to feel that I would miss my Sinar too! :rolleyes:
I wish you a greate trip!

Ciao
Diego

Remigius
20-Apr-2007, 15:11
Well, I suppose I won't exactly miss my Sinar on my trip. There are limitations in movement for a Sinar as well, in my case it restricts me to a range of not more than about 100m from my trunk. Considering that my Sinar 5x7 back has a P2 block, the Shen is very lightweight in comparison with its 3 kilos, and compact as well.

diego_beltramo
20-Apr-2007, 15:46
Well, I suppose I won't exactly miss my Sinar on my trip. There are limitations in movement for a Sinar as well, in my case it restricts me to a range of not more than about 100m from my trunk. Considering that my Sinar 5x7 back has a P2 block, the Shen is very lightweight in comparison with its 3 kilos, and compact as well.

:) yes also my Sinar has a P2 block that need a trolley for carry the camera arround! I'm just worry about the orizontal/vertical shift in Shen with my lens an so sorry if I ask you to tell me that they are restrict but possible. And sorry I ask some more info: you wrote about a a bag bellows, can I change the bellows later or I have to order the camera allready with the bag one? I found http://mpex.com/ having the best price consider dollars/euro change but the shipping it is far from Italy, did you buy yours in some good place in Ch? this will be pretty close to me?
Thanks again for your courtesy

Diego

Nick_3536
20-Apr-2007, 15:51
Diego have you tried asking the factory? Used to be cheaper to order direct from the factory then buying from one of the shops. Doesn't make any sense to pay shipping to a US shop then pay for shipping to Italy.

Price will still be in US $.

diego_beltramo
20-Apr-2007, 16:31
Diego have you tried asking the factory? Used to be cheaper to order direct from the factory then buying from one of the shops. Doesn't make any sense to pay shipping to a US shop then pay for shipping to Italy.

Price will still be in US $.

Nick you are absolutely right! I've wrote them right now!
many thanks

Diego