PDA

View Full Version : source for enlargers

Mark Audas
31-Aug-2000, 12:14
About 1 1/2 years ago there was an ad in the back of View Camera magazine for a Portland company called "World Images" that was a reseller of large format (8x10 and up) enlargers. The phone number in that ad is no longer valid. Does anyone have a number for that company, or a reference for another company with a good s election of 8x10 enlargers? Thanks -Mark

Blake
31-Aug-2000, 15:54
where do you live Mark and I'll try to find you one closer to home?

here's one to hold you over,

http://www.photomall.com/gecont.htm

Mark Audas
31-Aug-2000, 18:43
Actually, I live in Boise,ID, which is close enough to Portland to make delivery or pickup a possibility. Thanks -Mark

fred_1006
31-Aug-2000, 19:48
Mark, I know where there is a DeVere 8x10 extended column with color head and the large baseboard as well as a Durst 2501 horizontal autofocus for sale in Huntsville, Al. Either one could probably be bought for a good price (possibly with enough savings to justify the trip + you could visit the U.S. Space and Rocket Center while you are here). I used both of these for several years with a previous employer and he has gone totally digital and is trying to sell all of his analog equipment. So far as I know they are both in excellent shape although there is a learning curve involved in setting up and using the 2501. If you are interested go to http://www.qpsdigital.com and see of there is an e-mail link. I haven't visited their site in some time although I speak with them on the phone regularly (256-539-448 -- ask for Cecil if you give them a call).

Good Luck,

Simon_443
31-Aug-2000, 21:32
I see there are also a couple of DeVere 8x10s (and an 11x14) at www.vicphoto.com/used.html

extra

neil poulsen
2-Sep-2000, 12:47
Their warehouse is about 25 minutes from my house, in Hillsboro, Oregon. (They moved from Portland.) Try the following: TJayDK@AOL.COM. Phone is 503-239-3785. (Is this phone different from what you have? It's the one on their letterhead, but the letterhead also includes their former Portland address.) Their name is World Images, Inc.

They sent me some literature a several months ago. But, I found their prices to be high. Keep in mind that, with the onset of digital, many photo labs are dumping their 4x5, 8x10, and larger enlargers at excellent prices.

Erik The Viking
7-Sep-2000, 15:39
Oh well, add www.rkequipment.com to the list.