PDA

View Full Version : problem of the Linhof MT 2000

Yong-ran Zhu
11-Apr-2007, 08:51
HI!
My Linhof MT 2000 has a problem recently. The small pin of the little arm could not contact a little wheel for moving the front frame up and down well. The teeth of the wheel are fine for the camera is relatively new. The little arm can not stay straight for it has no contact with the little wheel. I wonder if I can push down or tighten the pin of the arm a little bit, it will contact the teeth of the wheel well. Then the rise and fall functions of the front will be fine. Is it easy to fix it?
Thank you very much for your help,

Yong-ran Zhu

KenM
11-Apr-2007, 10:46
If you purchased the camera new, consider contacting the retailer - perhaps they offer warranty service. Failing that, Marflex is the US service center.

I would suggest that you not mess with the camera yourself - you may cause more harm than good.

Bob Salomon
11-Apr-2007, 10:59
HI!
My Linhof MT 2000 has a problem recently. The small pin of the little arm could not contact a little wheel for moving the front frame up and down well. The teeth of the wheel are fine for the camera is relatively new. The little arm can not stay straight for it has no contact with the little wheel. I wonder if I can push down or tighten the pin of the arm a little bit, it will contact the teeth of the wheel well. Then the rise and fall functions of the front will be fine. Is it easy to fix it?
Thank you very much for your help,

Yong-ran Zhu

Assuming that you do not have a gray market 2000 and you are the original purchaser then you would have a 5 year warranty on the camera. If the camera is under warranty then it would probably be fixed free of charge. If the camera shows signs of tampering or is out of warranty then there would be a charge for repair. If the camera is gray market then it would not be repaired in the USA by the Linhof service center (Marflex).

Michael Rosenberg
11-Apr-2007, 13:18
This is rather obvious, but are you sure the end of the lever is not in the neutral position?
The white dot on the knob end should be facing up or down to be engaged.

Mike

Yong-ran Zhu
12-Apr-2007, 14:10
Thanks for your reply. I will mail my camera to Marflex for repairing.