PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technika TLR adaptor

Frank Petronio
5-Apr-2007, 16:07
In my 1964 Linhof manual there is a nicely illustrated spread about the Linhof Mirror Reflex TLR Attachment, which converts your 4x5 Technika into a large, solid Twin Lens Reflex with parralax comensation and all that. Works with the 150 and 240 lenses I think.

It looks really cool and seems to be very well thought out.

Has anyone ever actually seen one?

And is there any track record as to practicality if I ever were to find one?

Would it be so valuable as a collector's oddity that it would be unwise to put it to use?

And what might one cost, if anyone knows the sales history over the past 4-5 years of eBay?

In a related theme, how did the old Linhof Cold Light Head and Universal Stand compare to conventional enlargers? It seems like it would make a lot of sense, and view camera movements on an enlarger would be great.

David A. Goldfarb
5-Apr-2007, 16:26
I think there's someone here who has one (J.P. Mose maybe?). Try a search, and maybe it will turn up.

I've used a Graflarger on my Tech V, and it worked pretty well, and it was handy to have those movements, but the Graflarger doesn't have a heater, so it doesn't give very consistent exposures unless you do something like leave it on and use a lens with a shutter or set it up to use with a Metrolux.