PDA

View Full Version : Calgary: best E6 lab, and digital printing service?

walter23
4-Apr-2007, 10:34
I'm looking for a good E6 sheet processing service in Calgary. I've been using vistek but I did have one slide that came back with a regular pattern of streaks so I'm a bit wary of using them for anything too nice. I only had the single problem, but I've only processed about 20 transparency sheets of LF film in my LF photography foray so far, so this is a big percentage still.

I'm also looking for the best printer; I've been using The Camera Store (I submit scanned digital files) and the results are usually good, but I'm wondering if there's a better service (that might provide their printer profiles), etc? I did have a print come back with some streaky patterns that didn't originate in the scan. I didn't notice it until much later or I'd have tried to get it re-done.

David Crossley
4-Apr-2007, 11:09
I would still look at ABL for E6 Walter. You could also see what Nova is offering, they do nice work on Medium Format.

Serious digital printing small qauntity puts you back at ABL with them having the majority (maybe all) of the Lightjets in the city. ABL will provide you with their printer profiles.

David Crossley/Crossley Photography....

walter23
4-Apr-2007, 11:12
Cool, I'll check into ABL.