PDA

View Full Version : Horseman 45FA + Roll film back - HELP

steve_geo
2-Apr-2007, 16:32
So I got a horseman roll film back for 4x5 international standard, ... but on my 45FA there seems like no place to attach it.

Do I need an adapter to connect the roll film back to the 45FA (what's the adaptor called?), .. or have I just brought the wrong item?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Ted Harris
2-Apr-2007, 16:57
Assuming you got the right back, Horseman makes three of them and two will fit and one wiil not, you slide off the entire gg and back assembly which leaves you with the graflock slders ready to accept the back.

steve_geo
2-Apr-2007, 17:19
Ohh so cool.

I didn't appreciate how the ground glass separated from the rest of the back leaving the graflok sliders.

I've looked so hard previously, and was Sooo dissapointed when it didn't fit, .. even after your post I still looked and thought the GG didn't slide out, ... I was pulling and looking, .. then suddenly I thought what happens if I press these things, then all of a sudden it started sliding.

WOW, .. now the roll film back fits, .. I feel much much better.

THANKYOU, Thankyou, thankyou

Steve

Ted Harris
2-Apr-2007, 18:05
You're welcome .... Graflok backs can be a mystery if you haven't seeen one before.

Glad the problem is solved.One little hint ... after you have loaded the roll put a finger on the takeup roll and advance just enough so the film is taut. This will improve film flatness.