PDA

View Full Version : PLAIN 150:5,6 sironar rodenstock

archivue
1-Apr-2007, 14:02
i cannot find the specs of the PLAIN 150:5,6 sironar rodenstock not apo, N, S, W...

can you tell me the image circle, filter size...

thanks

BradS
1-Apr-2007, 14:11
i cannot find the specs of the PLAIN 150:5,6 sironar rodenstock not apo, N, S, W...

can you tell me the image circle, filter size...

thanks

Just guessing but, I bet the Sironar had 70 degrees of coverage. That would give it a nominal image circle of about 210mm. Probably 49mm filter threads out front.

John Schneider
1-Apr-2007, 21:59
The Sironar is the same as the current Apo-Sironar-N, discounting possible internal tweaks and improvements in coatings over the years. When Rodenstock brought out the S model, they renamed the Sironar the Apo-Sironar-N

Oren Grad
1-Apr-2007, 22:46
The Sironar is the same as the current Apo-Sironar-N, discounting possible internal tweaks and improvements in coatings over the years. When Rodenstock brought out the S model, they renamed the Sironar the Apo-Sironar-N

No, the Sironar-N became the Apo-Sironar-N. The "plain" Sironar is an older design, quite different in its optical character.

archivue
2-Apr-2007, 00:48
No, the Sironar-N became the Apo-Sironar-N. The "plain" Sironar is an older design, quite different in its optical character....
i supose that the front thread is about 67... quite different to the N !

John O'Connell
2-Apr-2007, 07:18
This thread has a discussion from someone with an original brochure, indicating 70 degree coverage (slightly less than the Sironar-N).

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00FL9i

BradS
2-Apr-2007, 10:25
The original Sironar was a convertible too if I'm not mistaken.