PDA

View Full Version : Horseman extension adapter for FA45

Kevin Thomas
30-Mar-2007, 14:28
Does anyone have experience of using the Horseman extension adapter for the FA45 that increases the focal length usuable to 720mm.

How does it attach to the camera and how stable is it in use outdoors?

Thanks, Kevin

Warren Clark
30-Mar-2007, 17:26
Hi Kevin,

You can contact Jim Andracki at Midwest Photo in Columbus,Ohio
and he can give you the details . He normally has some hard to
find accessories for Horseman cameras or can locate them for
you.

Warren Clark

Ray Fenio
5-Apr-2007, 08:34
I have one that I purchased from on ebay from a Hong Kong dealer for use on my FA. However, I would be careful when using it with a very heavy lens. I currently have a 240mm Docter lens mounted on mine and it works fine. The extension I have has variable length option.

Ted Harris
5-Apr-2007, 09:40
IIRC the extension the OP is referring to is the bellows extension that goes on the back of the camera. I thought about one once and decided it was 1) waaaaaaay too expensive (even from Jim) and 2) too Rube Golderg for me.

Kevin Thomas
5-Apr-2007, 16:31
Okay Ted Harris,

I am a newbie from the UK and I have to ask, who is Rube Golderg?

As it happens I am now the owner of the rear extension bellows for the FA45 thanks to the auction site. Partly because of wanting to use long lenses, partly to use my 300mm Ronar at closer distances.

Once I have gained some experience with it I'll post a summary.

Tally Ho!,

Kevin

Ray Fenio
5-Apr-2007, 16:53
Thanks Ted for the clarification as I did not read the question closely enough. I did not know such a thing existed. How much does this IIRC cost?
Ray

naturephoto1
5-Apr-2007, 16:55
Hi Kevin,

Here are 2 Wikipedia links, the first to who was Rube Goldberg, and the second to his machines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_machine

Rich

Ted Harris
5-Apr-2007, 19:06
My recollection is that new they run around $1000.

Kevin Thomas
21-May-2007, 05:26
Hi All,

a couple of shots of the extension unit. Seems pretty solid but haven't used it in the field yet.

Kevin