PDA

View Full Version : Calumet Silver Conference...

JW Dewdney
27-Mar-2007, 23:13
I live in the area - and would be curious to see some of the prints in the printing competition as well as other noteworthy things to see... but I really don't want to (well - I just WOULDN'T) pay $175 to do so...!! I'm not terribly interested in any of the 'lectures' either... Does anyone know what the deal is exactly?

matthew blais
28-Mar-2007, 08:00
They show most the entries/submissions as well as others who just bring their work in a large room at the Hilton Saturday night after the lectures.

I don't think you'd have a problem going in as I don't recall anyone at the door looking for conference passes.

I plan on visiting...

steve simmons
28-Mar-2007, 12:15
I wil be at the Silver Conference on Sunday. I will be happy to look at portfolios done with a large format camera - 6x8 or larger film size.

steve simmons
www.viewcamera.com

JW Dewdney
28-Mar-2007, 13:21
What's the best day to go? (I don't suppose anyone would actually know that for sure - but just in case there's something I don't know about...)

steve simmons
28-Mar-2007, 13:24
Go to

www.calumetphoto.com

and then to

Silver

to download a PDF of the program

steve simmons

JW Dewdney
28-Mar-2007, 13:32
Thanks Steve - already downloaded actually - though it seemed a bit sketchy. Just hoping for an insider view.

steve simmons
28-Mar-2007, 13:37
Perhaps Sat because it is an ALL day event that day including the Sat night portfolio showings

steve simmons

Aggie
28-Mar-2007, 21:38
Don't miss Keith Carter's talk!

JW Dewdney
28-Mar-2007, 21:46
Don't miss Keith Carter's talk!

okay... and who might that be - if you'll forgive my ignorance...?