PDA

View Full Version : Replacement gg for fresnel sandwich

Herb Cunningham
26-Mar-2007, 05:09
I have a Horseman 6x9 with the fresnel sandwich reflex viewer. I managed to break the gg, which is a thin 0.130 cm thick, much thinner than the stand alone gg.

Anybody know of a source for such gg? I can cut it, so a perfect size is not necessary, although that would be my first choice.

Thanks, Herb

Dave Parker
26-Mar-2007, 07:30
Hi Herb,

Have you tried at some of the stores that carry Horseman, I have not had any luck at finding good quality glass under 2mm for grinding, most of the thin glass I have tried is very brittle and cracks when we try to grind it, I know that B&H is listing a horseman SW-612 back on their website, perhaps they would have some of the replacement screens for the various cameras and their related parts. Another option is to email Horseman USA direct, perhaps they could help you out.

http://www.horsemanusa.com/

Dave

Ted Harris
26-Mar-2007, 07:50
I know that Midwest either has or can easily get replacement screens as I have gotten one there.

Herb Cunningham
26-Mar-2007, 08:19
great, I have an email in to Jim Andraki

C. D. Keth
26-Mar-2007, 10:54
I would try to fine the right size first. I haven't had any luck cutting glass after it's been ground. Since the surface is interrupted, it just becomes a crap shoot whether it will break on your score or some random pattern.

There could also be a trick I don't know.

Dave Parker
26-Mar-2007, 18:20
I would try to fine the right size first. I haven't had any luck cutting glass after it's been ground. Since the surface is interrupted, it just becomes a crap shoot whether it will break on your score or some random pattern.

There could also be a trick I don't know.

Chris,

I cut thousands of sheets of glass that have been ground every month, I grind my glass in 22 x 28 inch sheets then cut to fit the particular application that the client has ordered, one thing you have to remember...only one side of the glass has been interrupted and you cut on the other side, also having the proper cutting tools is very important to getting the glass cut correctly.., oil bath carbide is one of the secrets, cutting on the non-ground side and having a good and properly fit cutting brake makes a big difference. Ace hardware, glass cutter don't work!, My glass cutting tools run over $50 bucks each and the oil I use, is over $100 per pint...

Dave Parker
Satin Snow Ground Glass