PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell Hi-Lux viewing screens - any feedback?

cmweston
7-Mar-2007, 14:41
Hi

Has anyone used or had experience of the Maxwell Hi-Lux viewing screens for 4x5 field cameras?

I'm working on a project photographing in very low light and need something brighter than the standard screen on my Ebony.

Thanks
Chris

Doug Dolde
7-Mar-2007, 15:04
Search this site for "Maxwell". It's been discussed ad nauseum.

Herb Cunningham
7-Mar-2007, 16:54
Indeed-I just got one for a 4x5 arca-noticeable improvement with reflex viewer

cblurton
11-Mar-2007, 20:59
Got one for my Shen-Hao, and I love it. Very bright compared to the Shen-Hao screen.

Sanders McNew
11-Mar-2007, 22:01
I swear by mine, on my Norma. I have them also in my Rolleiflexes. Essential.

Sanders McNew

John Powers
12-Mar-2007, 07:15
Be careful. It could be much more expensive than you think at this point. I missed a sand bag on the gg in a set up by the wheel of a car. My mentor saw it on his 8x10. I bought the Maxwell, but couldn't forget that telvision set like view on the 8x10. Bought the 8x10. That led to the 7x17. Did I mention the lenses, film and holders? Stop before you follow the rest of us into the GAS hole.

John

Doug Dolde
12-Mar-2007, 07:42
Bill claims he won't go bigger than 8x10 with his screens. He's done it before but says it's too non standard to make a profit on.

roteague
12-Mar-2007, 10:34
Be careful. It could be much more expensive than you think at this point. I missed a sand bag on the gg in a set up by the wheel of a car. My mentor saw it on his 8x10. I bought the Maxwell, but couldn't forget that telvision set like view on the 8x10. Bought the 8x10. That led to the 7x17. Did I mention the lenses, film and holders? Stop before you follow the rest of us into the GAS hole.

John

Shoot color John, you will soon forget your need to go bigger and bigger... :D

Scott Rosenberg
12-Mar-2007, 12:25
i've got one on my linhof 4x5... brilliant screens - the brightest i've ever used.

roteague
12-Mar-2007, 12:57
Hi

Has anyone used or had experience of the Maxwell Hi-Lux viewing screens for 4x5 field cameras?

I'm working on a project photographing in very low light and need something brighter than the standard screen on my Ebony.

Thanks
Chris

Have you tried a Satin Snow? They are great in low light conditions.

naturephoto1
12-Mar-2007, 13:43
Have you tried a Satin Snow? They are great in low light conditions.

And inexpensive. :cool: :eek: The only drawback is that Dave Parker is a bit behind (burried) in orders. :(

Rich

John Bowen
12-Mar-2007, 16:15
And inexpensive. :cool: :eek: The only drawback is that Dave Parker is a bit behind (burried) in orders. :(

Rich

Being burried in orders is probably the greatest compliment we could pay him. Keep up the good work Dave.....

I have Satin Snow Screens on my Zone Vi 4x5, Wisner 8x10, Zone VI 8x10, Richard Ritter 7x17, Zone VI 8x10-4x5 reducing back and as soon as Dave can fill my order, on my Zone VI 8x10-5x7 reducing back... and probably all done for less than 1 8x10 Maxwell screen... There's a good reason Dave is so swamped with orders...