PDA

View Full Version : Eastman 11x14 2d case suggestions?

Gene McCluney
5-Mar-2007, 09:40
I want to be able to transport my 11x14 Eastman 2d view camera to location shoots. I am somewhat stumped as to what to use as a case, as I did not get any case with the camera. Any suggestions that are easy to find?

Ash
5-Mar-2007, 09:54
Tried a local army surplus store? They should have huge tins that you can pad out with foam

Dave Parker
5-Mar-2007, 09:58
Gene,

I had the same problem, and found large soft sided cooler, that fit the camera as well as a couple of film holders just fine, it had full padding, plastic liner and a shoulder strap that made it easy to carry, often times these can be found at thrift stores for a couple of dollars and if your lucky you can find one with a handle and wheels which make for ease of movement on flat ground. The plastic liner made it nice because it was basically water proof.

Dave

Gene McCluney
7-Mar-2007, 07:12
Gene,

I had the same problem, and found large soft sided cooler, that fit the camera as well as a couple of film holders just fine, it had full padding, plastic liner and a shoulder strap that made it easy to carry, often times these can be found at thrift stores for a couple of dollars and if your lucky you can find one with a handle and wheels which make for ease of movement on flat ground. The plastic liner made it nice because it was basically water proof.

Dave

Where would I look for a "soft sided cooler" new? A large sporting-goods store?

Dave Parker
7-Mar-2007, 09:06
Where would I look for a "soft sided cooler" new? A large sporting-goods store?

I was at Walmart yesterday here locally and they were getting some out on the shelves that looked like they might work for this application, or I imagine any well stocked sporting goods store might have something that would work as well.

Dave

alec4444
7-Mar-2007, 09:14
Gene, what's the outer dimensions of your 11x14, including knobs and such?

My Wisner comes out to something like 20 1/2 square. I'm exploring the idea of having a custom backpack built..... Wish I could find a soft padded cooler bag or something, but thus far no luck. It has to hold at least 30 lbs or more too.

--A

Dave Parker
7-Mar-2007, 09:43
You might also get a hold of Kevin Saitta, http://www.saittabags.com/ he makes custom photography cases for just about anything you can think of, I know quite a few that are very happy with his cases.

Gene McCluney
8-Mar-2007, 19:49
After much searching, it looks like Saitta Bags is my best choice.