PDA

View Full Version : Just figured out full rez.Silverfast on 2500f

Gene McCluney
28-Feb-2007, 17:52
I just today (after having the scanner and software for over 2 years) how to set Silverfast to access the 2500 dpi scanning function of the Microtek Artixscan 2500f scanner. The 2500 setting only uses 1/2 the area of the scanner, the left side. Well, since I could not get the newest version of Microtek Scanwizard software to work on my scanner, I tried Vuescan..same old problems..inferior scans! I was able to get the Scanwizard program loaded and working on one of my Macintosh laptops, but that means sitting the laptop in front of the keyboard of my studio computer, and taking considerably longer scan times due to the slow processor speed of the laptop, as compared to my dual G-5 studio computer. Well, anyway, today I was scanning some 4x5 b/w negs, I decided to use Silverfast because I was only scanning these at 1200 dpi. In selecting my media type (reflective, transparency) I noticed two additional settings DOR reflective, DOR transparency..I have never tried these settings before. I selected DOR transparency and VOILA the hi-res preview window popped up. So, I guess DOR means "Double Optical Resolution". The manual I got with the Silverfast software (packaged with the scanner) does not mention this at all. I am so relieved.

Scott Rosenberg
28-Feb-2007, 20:23
good find... how do the scans look? the jpgs on the scanner comparison page aren't terribly impressive, though i've heard great things about this unit.