PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice from ATL users: ATL Back-up

Edwin Lachica
27-Feb-2007, 14:30
I've recently bought an ATL-2 for USD 500.00, with experts drums, 2500 series drums, reels, bottles, tempering panel, spare bottle sensor, spare gears, spare o-rings etc. The chemical drain separator was broken in transport but I've already ordered the replacement part. It's lying somewhere in the laundry room until the plumber install the water lines to it.

I have another chance to buy an ATL 2200 with everything for less than the ATL 2. Having sold a couple of prints, I'm liquid enough to buy it (although I'm running out of cellar space).

My question is should I buy it as a main machine and use the ATL-2 as a back-up? or does anyone know if I could cannibalize the parts from the ATL-2 and use it for the ATL-2200 in case anything breaks down.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Edwin.

Ted Harris
27-Feb-2007, 14:42
No, regarding most of the parts from the ATL-2 to the 2200. A few are interchangeable but not many. Most parts are interchangeable between the ATL 2000 and the 2200/2300/2400 .

Buy the 2200 it was a current machine before they stopped production. Get rid of the 2. My 2 cents worth ... BTW I run a 2300.

Robert Hall
27-Feb-2007, 15:31
I had an atl-2 sold it, now have a 2500, I would suggest keeping it if it is in good shape and you have a place to store it clean and dry. Dry being the key phrase here. I liked my atl-2 quite a bit, and I think if I had to, would go back to it as well. It's smaller and simpler to use, but doesn't have 1.5 liter bottles like th 2500 does. I can't remember what the 2200 has. ( I use the larger amounts for 12x20 film).

Best of luck.

Edwin Lachica
28-Feb-2007, 03:55
Thanks for the advice Ted and Robert.

After speaking with the seller, I'm set on buying the ATL-2200. It was super spec'ed by the owner (Autolab Water Heater, Autolab Stand/Cabinet, 15 liter chemical tanks). Too good a deal to pass. I'd just have to organize transport and removing it from the water lines.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Edwin

Joe S
1-Mar-2007, 18:15
I had an atl-2 sold it, now have a 2500, I would suggest keeping it if it is in good shape and you have a place to store it clean and dry. Dry being the key phrase here. I liked my atl-2 quite a bit, and I think if I had to, would go back to it as well. It's smaller and simpler to use, but doesn't have 1.5 liter bottles like th 2500 does. I can't remember what the 2200 has. ( I use the larger amounts for 12x20 film).

Best of luck.

Thats one lucky guy who got that ATL-2 I bet :rolleyes:

Robert Hall
2-Mar-2007, 10:31
only if he uses it. ;)