PDA

View Full Version : Amongst the Jackalopes & Sage--going rates

Raymond Bleesz
27-Feb-2007, 08:13
I have been asked by an energy company to do some shooting of their natural gas rigs in western Colo-------my work, bw & color, is mostly "artistic", and the energy person took a liking to my "point of view" & would like my photos to be used for decor as well as for publication in company brochures, etc, etc, etc. While Photoshop will do a good job at Jackalopes, (:) , its the rigs/men at work/ geography/geology on site which the energy guy wants in the photos which I can deliver.

The old question is: what would be suggested "going rates" for this type of work, etc, etc, etc. This is commercial work which is not my "norm".

Thank you-R.

Walter Calahan
27-Feb-2007, 08:53
Well I suggest you check in with ASMP (American Society of Media Photographers) to find a few shooters in Colorado so you can call them to research rates.

For office decor only, I'd charge $1500 per day expenses and the cost of the prints. Then I'd charge an added $1000 per day for one year publication rights. If they want them for more than one year and their web site, I'd add another $1000 per day. So multiple usage would be $3500 per day plus expenses and prints.

I don't speak for another photographer or ASMP. That's just my approach.

Robert Hall
27-Feb-2007, 15:46
That's pretty close to going rates here in Utah as well. $1800 daily rate with usage fees.

Most pros are willing to negotiate on rates, however.