PDA

View Full Version : Need L.A. lab that does lightjets on fuji crystal archive.

vinny
26-Feb-2007, 17:22
A&I, the ICON, don't offer fuji crystal archive. I'm not interested in kodak paper since i'd like to match previous prints. Calypso in santa cruz is great but the shipping is cost prohibitive. Anyone know of a los angeles lab that offers lightjet prints on fuji crystal archive glossy paper?

vinny

BrianShaw
26-Feb-2007, 19:34
Try calling Canoga Cameras, in Canoga Park. I have an odd recollection that they might do what you are looking for.

vinny
26-Feb-2007, 20:40
Try calling Canoga Cameras, in Canoga Park. I have an odd recollection that they might do what you are looking for.

No luck there.

Eric Leppanen
26-Feb-2007, 21:45
If you don't mind traveling down to Orange County, I believe Custom Images (http://www.customimgs.com/) and Pro Photo Connection (http://www.prophotoirvine.com/) both have Lightjets and use the Fuji glossy paper, although I have not purchased prints from either of them for quite awhile.

David Karp
26-Feb-2007, 22:10
Try Isgo Lepejian in Burbank. I think they might have what you want.

vinny
26-Feb-2007, 23:24
Try Isgo Lepejian in Burbank. I think they might have what you want.
Nope. They do headshots. Aandi bought them a while back and aandi does all of their lightjet work.

You'd think it would be easy to find such a lab in a city this size.

vinny
9-Dec-2007, 23:08
I've been using Calypso in Sacramento for direct to print lightjets w/o any complaints. Great work, great packaging. I'd still like to find someplace locally to cut down on packaging and shipping costs/delays.
The only place i've found in Los Angeles that does lightjet on fuji crystal archive is Goldencolor in Beverly Hills. Cheap but no profiles to download. Anyone used these guys with repeated success?

roteague
9-Dec-2007, 23:22
West Coast Imaging in Oakhurst; a bit out of the way, but not as far as Calypso. Plus, you can visit the park at the same time.

vinny
10-Dec-2007, 09:27
West Coast Imaging in Oakhurst; a bit out of the way, but not as far as Calypso. Plus, you can visit the park at the same time.

WCI is great too but i'm searching locally.

shmoo
12-Dec-2007, 19:51
try Paris Photo in the Fairfax area or Colortek in Culver City.

vinny
13-Dec-2007, 16:04
try Paris Photo in the Fairfax area or Colortek in Culver City.
Colortek uses fuji crystal archive on their lightjet but they don't do direct-to-print like i'm doing now. Looks like i'll be stickin' with Calypso.

Mike Boden
13-Dec-2007, 17:18
Aandi bought them a while back and aandi does all of their lightjet work.

Actually, Isgo bought A&I.