PDA

View Full Version : Can Wista 45SP be installed a 90mm lens when closed

khtwo
22-Feb-2007, 23:03
Can Wista 45SP be installed a 90mm lens when closed? How about 135mm? What other lens can be installed when closed? Please tell your experience. Thanks!

C. D. Keth
23-Feb-2007, 09:21
Perhaps a 90mm angulon could be closed in it. I doubt any other could be since they tend to get big.

Bob Salomon
23-Feb-2007, 09:27
One modern 90mm won't even phisically fit through the hole in the front standard because it has too large a rear element. Closing any modern 90mm would not be possible.

135 and 150 on recessed boards will fit.

naturephoto1
23-Feb-2007, 09:57
The Congo f6.3 90mm WA lens may fit when you close the camera. The tiny lens is a wide field gauss design (four elements in four groups) comparable to the WF Ektars but only has about a 175mm image circle at f22. The newer lenses are multicoated but you may have to test to find one that is sharp toward the edges. Bob Salomon may argue that the Congo WA lenses are not a modern design however.

Rich

khtwo
23-Feb-2007, 10:59
Thanks. Do you have the specification of 45SP that specify the width and leight of a lens that can be accepted when closed?

Bob Salomon
23-Feb-2007, 13:10
Thanks. Do you have the specification of 45SP that specify the width and leight of a lens that can be accepted when closed?

The 150mm Apo Sironar S would be about the largest lens possible if mounted on a recessed board. A 135mm Apo Sironar S would be about the largest on a flat board.

You can check the lens specifications on the Linos web site or we can mail you the brochure if you are in the USA.

khtwo
23-Feb-2007, 13:31
The 150mm Apo Sironar S would be about the largest lens possible if mounted on a recessed board. A 135mm Apo Sironar S would be about the largest on a flat board.

You can check the lens specifications on the Linos web site or we can mail you the brochure if you are in the USA.

Can you please give me the URL of the lens speifications. Thanks!

naturephoto1
23-Feb-2007, 13:37
Below is a link to a PDF file of information on the Rodenstock Apo Sironar S lenses:

http://www.linos.com/pages/mediabase/original/rodenstock_apo-sironar-s_e_2475.pdf

Also, here is a link to the information on the Congo lenses, check for the Congo f6.3 90mm Congo WA:

http://www.cosmonet.org/congo/frame_e.htm

Hope this helps.

Rich

khtwo
23-Feb-2007, 14:34
Those lens that in small size seems don't have enough ability to tilt or shift. It's better to choose the maximum lens(or max shiftable) that in the limitation of the camera case when folded.

Warren Clark
23-Feb-2007, 15:31
I keep a Rodenstock 150 Sironar-N folded up inside
my Wista VX. Very similar to the SP.

WJC

David E. Rose
23-Feb-2007, 17:24
"One modern 90mm won't even phisically fit through the hole in the front standard because it has too large a rear element. Closing any modern 90mm would not be possible."
Just to be clear, a 90mm f8 modern lens will fit through the hole in the front standard and be entirely usable, but the camera will not close with this lens in place. I have used both the Schneider and Nikon 90mm f8 on both the SP and the VX.

Bob Salomon
23-Feb-2007, 17:29
"One modern 90mm won't even phisically fit through the hole in the front standard because it has too large a rear element. Closing any modern 90mm would not be possible."
Just to be clear, a 90mm f8 modern lens will fit through the hole in the front standard and be entirely usable, but the camera will not close with this lens in place. I have used both the Schneider and Nikon 90mm f8 on both the SP and the VX.

That is not the lens that will not fit. It is any lens with a rear element more then 80mm in diameter that fits into the hole in the front standard when mounted on the camera.

Bob Salomon
23-Feb-2007, 17:30

So will a 90mm 4.5. It is a 90mm 5.6 XL that won't fit.

It is any lens with a rear element more then 80mm in diameter that fits into the hole in the front standard when mounted on the camera.

David E. Rose
23-Feb-2007, 17:38
So will a 90mm 4.5. It is a 90mm 5.6 XL that won't fit.

It is any lens with a rear element more then 80mm in diameter that fits into the hole in the front standard when mounted on the camera.

Agreed Bob, I just didn't want him to think that all modern 90s could not be used.

khtwo
23-Feb-2007, 20:20
Could anyone please give a web address of Wista 45SP specifications or manual will also be appreciated.
The linos is a good website to find the specifications of LF lens. Thanks!

David E. Rose
24-Feb-2007, 17:28
Could anyone please give a web address of Wista 45SP specifications or manual will also be appreciated.
The linos is a good website to find the specifications of LF lens. Thanks!

http://www.wista.co.jp/e_wista/english.htm