PDA

View Full Version : Shameless plug for my cafe hanging in Toronto

snuck
18-Feb-2007, 14:51
I, like quite a few other Canadians, do not like to toot my own horn but I figure that if I'm doing something I might make it known. I'm experimentally exhibiting my work to the public for the first time in a Starbucks in Toronto, not the most glamorous of venues, but give me a break, it's my first! It also costs me notheeng. But if you're in TO and you're in the Beach (or the Beaches, I still prefer to call it the Beaches), please go have a gander, I need feedback. You can find the place on the north side of Queen street just a little WEST of Woodbine (there are two, one is east and one is west.

Cheers

Greg Lockrey
18-Feb-2007, 16:29
Can you post a pic of the print and or the display? We have a Barry's Bagle here locally that likes to have shows on their walls. It's a great venue for the local artists to get to see the reaction to their work.

Walter Calahan
18-Feb-2007, 16:40
Congratulations for hanging your café. Ha ha ha.

Don't be shame ever again over self promotion 'cause we'll always give you enough rope. Grin.

So toot your gander!

Ralph Barker
18-Feb-2007, 19:42
Congrats on the showing, Snuck. Like "press", any show is probably a good show, and compared to my poorly-lighted hallway, Starbucks has lots of glamour. ;)

gregstidham
18-Feb-2007, 20:11
I have a Starbucks gift card and live nearby. I will go view and sip some joe.

snuck
18-Feb-2007, 21:04
You can find most of the pics I used on my photoblog at www.snuckerpuss.net Greg. THe actual prints would come without all the contact printing artefacts and associated crud. (the pics on my blog are straight scans of my contacts.

Walter thanks! It was about time.... or so I think.

Starbucks has something alright. One problem that I found was that there's a great deal of visual clutter, like preexisting decor, display stands, etc. These things take focus away from your pieces. In addition, I was afraid I had too many items, but as it turns out a wall DWARFS a 11x14 print. So I juuuuust managed to fill it.

Thank you Greg, are you the gent that was in Komineks a few days ago?

gregstidham
19-Feb-2007, 07:52
No, and I am not sure what Komineks is actually.

John Kasaian
19-Feb-2007, 08:44
Congratulations on your exhibition!

domenico Foschi
19-Feb-2007, 08:56
Don't be ashamed of self promotion, never! Congratulations and I hope the corporate office will see your work and decide to purchase originals of your artwork and distribute them to all of the Starbucks stores so that you can quit your job if you have one, and dedicate your time to your craft for the rest of your life.

Kirk Gittings
19-Feb-2007, 09:02
Congrats,

However it has been my experience that PR is of the most value when you do it under your actual name........:)

domenico Foschi
19-Feb-2007, 11:48
Congrats,

However it has been my experience that PR is of the most value when you do it under your actual name........:)

True...:)

snuck
19-Feb-2007, 15:18
Don't be ashamed of self promotion, never! Congratulations and I hope the corporate office will see your work and decide to purchase originals of your artwork and distribute them to all of the Starbucks stores so that you can quit your job if you have one, and dedicate your time to your craft for the rest of your life.

It's not that I'm ashamed, I'm hesitant because I'm in the company of talented people.

Kirk, I use my actual name in the dislay.

gregstidham
26-Feb-2007, 17:36
Your photographs look good. I especially like the color work you did in Orono. :)

Capocheny
26-Feb-2007, 18:31
Hi Snuck!

Congratulations... it'll be great!

And, being successful in this day and age means promote, promote, promote! So, don't worry about tooting your own horn. Sometimes, if you don't do it... no one else will! :)

Cheers