PDA

View Full Version : LF gathering in Sweden early september

Joakim Ahnfelt
18-Feb-2007, 09:51
Hi
We are putting a swedish LF gathering together the second week in september this coming autumn. The place is Fjällbacka, an old fishing village in the middle of the swedish west coast about two hours drive north of gothenburg. Right in the middle of the unique swedish western archipelago. The plan is to rent a house (or two depending on interest.) We can cook together, separately or eat out etc.
Example. A house that sleeps eight would cost around SEK 780 (ca 85 EUR) per person.
So far there's about six persons more or less signed up, three from the UK and three from Sweden.

A possible plan for the week could include:
A boat trip out to The Weather Island. 10 nautical miles out in the middle of the atlantic.
A visit to the rock carvings in Tanumshede, on the Unesco´s list of World Heritages.
The Bronze age grave field just outside Grebbestad with more than 180 graves is worth a visit. Especially if you're lucky (and early) enough to get some mist curling around all the standing stones...
The there's the town of Fjällbacka itself
And the wild landscape all around.

The official tourist site
http://www.bohuslan.com/templates/article____7030.aspx

Or you could google images (image google?) on Bohuslän and/or Fjällbacka

Some other links
www.tanumturist.se
http://tanum.vastsverige.com/templates/product____2375.aspx?prodId=50019
http://tanum.vastsverige.com/templates/product____2375.aspx?prodId=45531
http://tanum.vastsverige.com/templates/search.aspx?id=2179
http://tanum.vastsverige.com/templates/article____11239.aspx

So, anyone interrested?

PS: I will post this on APUG as well but I will refer to this thread here on LF forum as the main one. To avoid confusion if possible.

Ted Harris
18-Feb-2007, 12:12
I assume you meant he week that starts 9/9? I will see if I can getaway ... how long the whole week? I ask because if I take the trip over I want to fold in a visit with some friends in Finland as well.

Morten
18-Feb-2007, 16:40
Hi!

Put me on the list :-) The timeing seems perfect for me, should still be warm weather and all summerholliday obligations in the past!

Mvh
Morten

Ole Tjugen
19-Feb-2007, 01:09
If at all possible, I'll be there. I'm about to change jobs soon, and possibly employer as well, so I can't really plan anything at all after April.

Joakim Ahnfelt
19-Feb-2007, 01:49
Great!
Ted. Yes, it's from 8 or 9 to 15 september. House changing is on saturdays.
Morten, your on the list.
Ole, hope everything falls in to place so you can join us.

I will keep everyone posted about bookings and so on.

Joakim

Struan Gray
19-Feb-2007, 02:58
I'm very interested, but not sure I can come. It's prime-time conference season for us academics and I'm not sure they'll let me keep my job if I pass up a freebie to attend a meeting I have to pay for :-)

Patrik Roseen
19-Feb-2007, 06:57
Hi Joakim,
If you received my previous email-respons I should already be on the list, right?

I'm looking forward to the gathering and plan to bring my Pontiac Transport (or similar larger car with many seats) as I did to the last years LF-gathering in Stockholm.

Kind regards,
Patrik Roseen

Joakim Ahnfelt
19-Feb-2007, 09:28
Yes Patrik. Your on the list already.

gari beet
19-Feb-2007, 12:25
Hi there, another interested party from the UK. I was planning a trip at around this time so would love to join you guys.
Can you put me down on the list, what date for the final confirmation?
I may have one other also, is that do-able?

Thanks

Gari

Joakim Ahnfelt
20-Feb-2007, 11:40
Hi Gari
The more the merrier. I will get back to everyone in a week or so with dates and such.
Struan, convince your boss you're invited to speak about the wind increase in proportion to the square inches of film you are trying to expose.

Cheers
Joakim

HenrikB
20-Feb-2007, 14:20
Hi, sounds like a great opportunity to explore a very special part of Sweden as well as meeting interesting people! I will look out for the specific dates and let you know.

Regards,
/Henrik

Joakim Ahnfelt
5-Mar-2007, 11:27
Hi everyone, thanks for the interest. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I´m going to go ahead and make a booking of the house/houses in about a week's time in order not to be caught with the beard in the mailbox as we say in sweden (i.e . beeing to late, everythings rented out). Since this will involve paying some money I would like to get a definitive ”yes I'm coming” if possible. I'm not asking for money, just some confirmation. If you need more time to check things up let me know. Don't hesitate to mail me either privately or via the forum if you have any questions.
So far I have about 6 persons more or less signed up.
My concern is if we should be alright with a house for eight or if I should get one for ten or one for six and one for four. You get the picture. (The houses are all in the same place).

Cheers
Joakim

Ole Tjugen
5-Mar-2007, 12:46
I just found out that I have even less chance of saying "yes" or "no" than I had a week ago:

We've finally come to an agreement with our employer over working schedule, and so far I have no chance of finding out whether I'll be onshore or offshore at any date after May 1st.

To complicate matters a little more, I'm having an interview for a new job this Wendesday. But I probably won't take that job, since I have another more interesting offer already... :cool:

Uri Kolet
5-Mar-2007, 21:57
I'd love to join in, but I don't have vacation until October (which I might be able to change); how firm are the dates? I'm almost certain to be flying or playing a concert then...this job is really beginning to interfere with the hobbies!

Joakim Ahnfelt
8-Mar-2007, 03:21
Hi
The dates are set i'm afraid.
Depending on number of participants and size of houses there might be some spare beds in the end for those in planning limbo. We'll see.
So far we are 6 definite ones. And I'm witing on some replies.
Bye the way, any special ideas about what to do and photograph?

Cheers
Joakim

Tedd
11-Mar-2007, 16:21
Howdy boys!

Sorry I haven't jumped in sooner but saying that I have had a tremendous amount to do at the studio would be an understatement! Anyways, I am 90 percent certain I will be coming. There are two factors that might hinder this. One is that we are expecting a fourth family member at the end of April and we might have visitors from the US around the time of this gathering. Two, I might be travelling with work.

On a slightly different topic.
Should anyone be in Stockhom the 24th of May you are welcome to come to my Vernissage. I will be showing a collection of various Palladium prints, quite a few from the Sthlm gathering this past summer, in both 4x5 and 12x20.

Regards

Tedd

Joakim Ahnfelt
13-Mar-2007, 00:56
Hi Tedd
Congratiulations to the new kid!
Congratiulations to the show/exibithition! I will do my best to try to pop up to Stockholm for the grand opening.
And congratiulations to the wise decision of joining this illustrious group. Soon to be world famous.

This makes us (The Magnificent) seven.
Charlie and Amanda .UK
Mike .UK
Morten .No
Patrik R .Se
Tedd .Se
Myself .Se

If no one else joins in I'll book a house for 8. I'll get back to you with more details after the week end.

Cheers
Joakim

Patrik Roseen
13-Mar-2007, 09:36
Howdy boys!

Sorry I haven't jumped in sooner but saying that I have had a tremendous amount to do at the studio would be an understatement! Anyways, I am 90 percent certain I will be coming. There are two factors that might hinder this. One is that we are expecting a fourth family member at the end of April and we might have visitors from the US around the time of this gathering. Two, I might be travelling with work.

On a slightly different topic.
Should anyone be in Stockhom the 24th of May you are welcome to come to my Vernissage. I will be showing a collection of various Palladium prints, quite a few from the Sthlm gathering this past summer, in both 4x5 and 12x20.

Regards

Tedd

Hi Tedd!

Congratulations on your successful career and your growing family!
I would love to attend your vernissage... please tell me where to go!
(May I bring a dear friend :) )

Joakim, I'm looking forward to the gathering and to see you all in September.

Kind regards,
Patrik

Joakim Ahnfelt
16-Mar-2007, 12:24
I have booked the house. Have a look at
http://www.novasol.se/nov/752.nsf/0/house?opendocument&H=S08415
Access to the house is from saturday 8 to saturday 15.
In honour of our friends from overseas it´s typical swedish red. There´s room for nine and so far we're seven so there's room for two more. Ole and Struan has expressed interest but can't make any commitment at the moment, we´ll see. I'll keep you guy´s posted.
We will need car's to move about but let's worry about that later.

Cheers
Joakim

Joakim Ahnfelt
8-Jul-2007, 14:26
Hi All
We are fully booked and I have mailed you all individually about payment of the house. If you get no mail but see this post let me know.
I'm very glad for the all the interrest for this little trip and to you who could not join for one reason or another I would just like to say, we'll try again some other time.

Cheers
Joakim

esbtse
30-Sep-2007, 10:07
Hi,
Im learning my equipment and its to early to go this year.
I hope to go next year when i can handle the equipment.
Best Regards,
Thomas Eriksson

Joakim Ahnfelt
30-Sep-2007, 12:25
See you next year Thomas.
Joakim

Ole Tjugen
30-Sep-2007, 12:44
Next year there's a chance that I can come, too. This year, as expected, things went chaotic - I went offshore in August, and I'm still offshore! So far since I started in the new job (two weeks early) I've only been home for nine days... :eek:

Storfot
24-Oct-2007, 12:59
Hello!
Did the gathering take place? What is your impression?

Kind regards
Mats Lindström, Falun

Hi
We are putting a swedish LF gathering together the second week in september this coming autumn. The place is Fjällbacka, an old fishing village in the middle of the swedish west coast about two hours drive north of gothenburg. Right in the middle of the unique swedish western archipelago. The plan is to rent a house (or two depending on interest.) We can cook together, separately or eat out etc.
Example. A house that sleeps eight would cost around SEK 780 (ca 85 EUR) per person.
So far there's about six persons more or less signed up, three from the UK and three from Sweden.

A possible plan for the week could include:
A boat trip out to The Weather Island. 10 nautical miles out in the middle of the atlantic.
A visit to the rock carvings in Tanumshede, on the Unesco´s list of World Heritages.
The Bronze age grave field just outside Grebbestad with more than 180 graves is worth a visit. Especially if you're lucky (and early) enough to get some mist curling around all the standing stones...
The there's the town of Fjällbacka itself
And the wild landscape all around.

The official tourist site
http://www.bohuslan.com/templates/article____7030.aspx

Or you could google images (image google?) on Bohuslän and/or Fjällbacka

Some other links
www.tanumturist.se
http://tanum.vastsverige.com/templates/product____2375.aspx?prodId=50019
http://tanum.vastsverige.com/templates/product____2375.aspx?prodId=45531
http://tanum.vastsverige.com/templates/search.aspx?id=2179
http://tanum.vastsverige.com/templates/article____11239.aspx

So, anyone interrested?

PS: I will post this on APUG as well but I will refer to this thread here on LF forum as the main one. To avoid confusion if possible.

Morten
24-Oct-2007, 15:19
Hello!
Did the gathering take place? What is your impression?

Yes, it did! Have look at some of my pictures at:
http://www.pbase.com/mortenk/lf_sweden_07
(more are due shortly, the scans seems darker after uploading than in PS ?)

For me it was a very very pleasant experience. Meet very friendly and knowledgeable people, did learn a lot! :) Good food, wine and beer....

Hopefully we will try something next year also, Lofoten in northern Norway is currently being investigated as a potential location.

Best Regards
Morten