PDA

View Full Version : never had more problems (intel macs)

false_Aesthetic
17-Feb-2007, 18:15
Hey,

I kind've figured out why the imacon doesn't get recognized.

If Imacon is connected to MacPro(firewire) and if external HD is also connected then the scanner is not recognized (neither is the HD).

Unplug the scanner with the HD plugged in and the HD shows up on the desktop. Eject the HD, plug in the scanner, scanner software quits. Restart software, scanner still not recognized. Restart MacPro, scanner found.

Obviously its not a HUGE problem but it's at the very least ANNOYING.

I'll call Apple on Tuesday. But I'm curious, does this make sense to ANYONE?

Lazybones
17-Feb-2007, 19:06
You're running the latest drivers/software update, right?

false_Aesthetic
18-Feb-2007, 08:20
I believe I am (95% sure)

I will double check tomorrow.

I downloaded flexcolor 4.6.5 last week. Apple software should be up to date as well. Might this be a problem with the new flexcolor build?

T

Ted Harris
18-Feb-2007, 08:47
Have you also checked to see that the Flexcolor software you are using is compatible with the specific scanner you are using. If you are not using one of the current models (the 1 or 5) and are using the absolute latest software there might be an issue of backward compatibility .... just a thought from someone who doesn't use an Imacon but knows software issues. For example, the absolute latest update to the ColorGenius software for the Screen scanners is for the Cezanne Elite only not for the Cezanne.

false_Aesthetic
18-Feb-2007, 08:54
Ted,

Thats a great thought. We've got a 646. Though there was no warning about the software not working for older scanner models I'll give it a look. I'd be happy if that was the issue.

T.