PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Carolina

Scott McMillan
14-Feb-2007, 17:47
Just purchased my first LF camera, and am waiting for delivery of it. I got a Graphic View camera with a Kodak Ektar 203/7.7 lens. I'm looking foreward to using this camera, and to the advice I'll get from you guys!

roteague
14-Feb-2007, 18:15
Hi Scott, welcome from Hawaii. I'm sure you will enjoy using LF, it is very fulfilling.

Capocheny
14-Feb-2007, 19:55
Hi Scott, welcome from Hawaii. I'm sure you will enjoy using LF, it is very fulfilling.

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum... the guys will have you into 8x10 (or larger) in no time! :)

Cheers

Ernest Purdum
15-Feb-2007, 11:08
Your camera and lens are very good teaching aids for LF photography. Learn and enjoy!

Eric Biggerstaff
15-Feb-2007, 11:21
Welcome and have fun, this is a great place to learn and grow as a photographer.

Make sure to grab a little reading material to help you as well. Steve Simmons book "Using the View Camera" is a good place to start.

Eric

lutherasmith
15-Feb-2007, 11:58
Scott,

Welcome to the big neg. I love the way a photograph from a large format camera looks.

Luther

Scott McMillan
15-Feb-2007, 18:49
Seems as though I may have jumped the gun. The seller was paid through paypal, but claims payment was not received.....paypal says it was. Seller refuses to ship. Personally, I think the seller was unhappy with the price....oh well.

roteague
15-Feb-2007, 20:41
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with this particular seller. Keep us up to date how it turns out. In the meantime, you can enjoy the forum, and read what others have to say about LF.

Steven Barall
15-Feb-2007, 22:00
You'll have twenty lenses and divorce papers in no time.

Scott McMillan
16-Feb-2007, 03:49
If I haven't received divorce papers by now, I think I'm safe. She does think I'm crazy, though. I've got several slr's, rangefinders, and a Century Graphic....4x5 is just the next step.........where does it all end?:D

Bob Salomon
16-Feb-2007, 04:38
Where in SC? Stationed in Sumter for a few years as an aerial photographer in the early 60's.

Kurney Ramsey
16-Feb-2007, 09:03
Hey Scott, I just joined the forum recently myself. There's a lot of good information on here. I wanted to say hello since I'm from NC, near the coast. Good luck with the new camera, when it arrives, I just got a Tachihara 4x5 a few months ago myself.

Ralph Barker
16-Feb-2007, 09:09
Welcome to the LF Forum, Scott. And, good luck in resolving your dispute with the seller.

Scott McMillan
16-Feb-2007, 15:27
I'm in Bennettsville, SC, a small town about 90 miles due west of Myrtle Beach. I think I've got the seller straightened out. I filed a dispute with paypal. They are holding the funds until I receive the camera, and am satisfied. The seller just sent me an e-mail saying that the camera had shipped. Cross your fingers.

sanking
16-Feb-2007, 16:03
Seems as though I may have jumped the gun. The seller was paid through paypal, but claims payment was not received.....paypal says it was. Seller refuses to ship. Personally, I think the seller was unhappy with the price....oh well.

Scott,

If you paid by Paypal through your bank account, without enough balance in Paypal itself, the transaction to pay the seller will take several days. If you want to pay immdiately you must back the payment up with a credit card.

Sandy King

Scott McMillan
16-Feb-2007, 16:27
Payment was backed up with a credit card, and was immediate. Seller couldn't seem to "find" my payment for a couple of days. Seemed to find it pretty quickly after I got paypal involved.

John Kasaian
17-Feb-2007, 00:01
Welcome Scott! It sounds llike you have a fine kit---have fun!

John Kasaian
17-Feb-2007, 00:03
Oops! I posted after reading the first page :o I hope your issues are resolved quickly

Uri Kolet
17-Feb-2007, 22:55
Welcome from Vancouver, Scott; glad to have you here, Cheers, Uri
P.S. There's always room for just one more lens, and at our age/weight/condition it's
actually healthy to replace the food in the fridge with more film. Wife claims that's what killed the last fridge. Anyone remember Panatomic-X from 1972?