PDA

View Full Version : What is a Prontor Press Shutter?

Erik Ryberg
27-May-2000, 12:45
And also, why are they so cheap? I have found descriptions on the web of the Pr ontor Professional shutters, which are not cheap, but not the Press shutters.

Scott Walton
27-May-2000, 22:53
A Prontor shutter is a high quality shutter that is used so that you don't have to go infront of the camera to set the shutter speed and f-stops because of the way the lens is set up. It has extensions on the f-stop and shutter dials so taht you can move these extensions to set the camera. I used on back when I was assisting but cannot justify the price of them. Cheers, Scott

Bob Salomon
28-May-2000, 06:41
"A Prontor shutter is a high quality shutter that is used so that you don't have to go infront of the camera to set the shutter speed and f-stops because of the way the lens is set up. It has extensions on the f-stop and shutter dials so taht you can move these extensions to set the camera."

Absolutely NOT>

He asked about the Prontor Press which is a cheap self cocking shutter with no features like you list.

You, on the other hand, are dexcribing the Prontor Professional system which is the most expensive mechanical shutter made.

Scott Walton
30-May-2000, 11:56
My mistake...