PDA

View Full Version : Recessed Graphic lenseboard

David Hedley
5-Feb-2007, 12:12
Is a recessed Graphic (93x94mm) lenseboard available? (It would make a 65mm lense easier to use on my old Toyo metal field).

I've seen this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220078862482&rd=1&rd=1) on ebay, but I think it is Toyo/Linhof style - is that right?

Dave Parker
5-Feb-2007, 12:36
That looks like the big square board that the older 45 series Toyos use, they will not fit your application.

Ralph Barker
5-Feb-2007, 15:33
There are recessed 110mm boards available for Toyo Field cams, but you'll likely need to use a pen or pencil to make adjustments (and a small flashlight to see what you're doing).

Jim Noel
8-Feb-2007, 09:06
If you are speaking of the Graphic View, yes, there are recessed boards available. In fact, I think there were two different depths available for this camera. Try someplace like Midwest (speak to Jim) or KEH. They may have one laying around.

RichSBV
9-Feb-2007, 00:23
93x94mm would be a standard "Pacemaker" type lens board. The View's used flat 4 inch boards...

There is a recessed board in the Pacemaker style. It is very rare. I have a feeling it was made by Toyo right after they started producing their Super camera after buying everything from Graflex. There never was a mention of a Pacemaker or Super recessed lens board in Graflex catalogs... If you keep a close eye out, you might be able to find one. It only took me three years...

If you're handy, you can make one from a standard board and a cut-out from a steel or aluminum muffin pan plus a few screws or rivets...

And yes, I have one here. And no, I'm not getting rid of it...

Leon Jester
12-Feb-2007, 17:28
Is a recessed Graphic (93x94mm) lenseboard available? (It would make a 65mm lense easier to use on my old Toyo metal field).

I've seen this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220078862482&rd=1&rd=1) on ebay, but I think it is Toyo/Linhof style - is that right?

At Capitol Photo we had recessed lense boards for our Crown Graphics to use with the 65mm Super Angulon, but I can't recall whether they were from the manufacturer or made for us by Strauss Photo Technical Service.

Strauss is still in business in Washington D.C., you might contact them.

SPTS
# Phone : 202-529-3200

# Fax : 202-526-6465