PDA

View Full Version : Era film anyone?

domenico Foschi
1-Feb-2007, 21:43
Yesterday I contacted an ebay seller in China asking if he had Era film in 8 x 10.
Today he replied with this email:

"Hi, Domenico
Today I ask Lucky and Era factory. they stop production 8x10 films. BUT if you buy more qty. e.g.100boxes.
They MUST production again only for you.
of course the price more cheap and the expire date must after one year or two years
I suggest you group your friends to buy more.
By the way
What photograhy web forums and photography magazine are famous in USA ?

Thanks a lot "

I was looking for just very few boxes, but if there is someone here who would like to join me who has deeper pockets, a bigger refrigerator and likes the film.....
I never tried Era, but with the prices of Ilford I thought to give it a try.

Even Era is sttopping LF, I am really getting tired of this photographer's sword of Damocles.
Please, contact me if you are interested.

Greg Lockrey
1-Feb-2007, 23:57
Why can't you "purists" make your own glass plate negatives? Photographers did it routinely in the 1800's.

domenico Foschi
2-Feb-2007, 01:05
Hey Greg....

Greg Lockrey
2-Feb-2007, 01:48
And then when you have that "perfect" print, you could clean off the plate and reuse it for the next negative making the print that much more valuable. :)

Doug Howk
2-Feb-2007, 02:45
I'm not familiar with ERA film, but was very happy with J&C Pro 100 which was manufactured in China but cut in Europe. I'd hope somebody like J&C would pick up on this offer.

tim atherton
2-Feb-2007, 08:58
I'm not familiar with ERA film, but was very happy with J&C Pro 100 which was manufactured in China but cut in Europe. I'd hope somebody like J&C would pick up on this offer.

only they are non-existent right now (and one of their main sources of film/paper has also just gone down the tube...)

buze
4-Feb-2007, 02:22
Yes I noticed that the ERA 4x5 was quite a lot thinner than other film, and doesn't stay "flat"... that means it might also be slightly curved in the holder...
Otherwise it seems the emulsion is fine. But I'm using the rest of my 100 sheets for pinhole stuff..