PDA

View Full Version : Broken camera?

oppositelock
1-Feb-2007, 06:16
I purchased a Sinar camera on eBay about three years ago. It came with a digital back (that I have since sold), so the set up had three standards-- one for each carrier frame dedicated to the bellows and one for the digital back.

The front standard was an F-series standard that got broken in shipping. Because I had no interest in shooting digital, I simply got rid of the F-series standard and mounted the bellows on each of the P-series standards that remained. My rear standard is now the P-series standard that originally held the digital back.

The problem that I am experiencing is that I cannot adjust the height on the rear P-series standard. The knob seems to want to work (it almost acts as if it is making contact with the gear or whatever it is connected to), but then it just turns freely.

Has anyone else had this problem?

To be honest, I thought what I had was a P2 standard, but now I'm not really sure since it was dedicated to the digital back. Maybe this adjustement was disabled for some reason? I have attached pictures so you can see it.

If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it. As I mentioned, I have had the camera for three years and I am just getting around to using it, so I am new to large format photography. I have lots of experience in medium format and 35mm and one of my resolutions this year is to get out and get some experience with large format.

Thanks for the help!