PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on internegatives...

drh151
29-Jan-2007, 19:17
I have some 4x5 transparencies from Yosemite that I'd like to print myself in B&W. Can anyone recommend a lab that will do this? I live in LA and A&I says they don't do this type of thing anymore. I'd prefer to stay local, but I'd mail the slides out if anyone knows a really good lab. Also, assuming the internegative is done properly, how much image quality will I be sacrificing? I assume the internegative won't be as good as the original slide?

Thanks!
Dave Herman

andy bessette
29-Jan-2007, 21:16
I have some 4x5 transparencies from Yosemite that I'd like to print myself in B&W. Can anyone recommend a lab that will do this? I live in LA and A&I says they don't do this type of thing anymore. I'd prefer to stay local, but I'd mail the slides out if anyone knows a really good lab. Also, assuming the internegative is done properly, how much image quality will I be sacrificing? I assume the internegative won't be as good as the original slide?

Thanks!
Dave Herman

Yo Dave,

call Weldon Color Lab in L.A. (westside) @310 837 7811. They print directly from a color transparency WITHOUT an internegative. Very highly regarded lab. Good people.
They should be able to help.

best, andy

David A. Goldfarb
30-Jan-2007, 06:57
If you plan to print them yourself from a negative, you probably can make an internegative yourself. Just contact print the transparency to a neutral B&W film like TMX. You can use filtration just as you might in the field, and you can adjust contrast with development time.