PDA

View Full Version : Revolving back on Graflex?

davidb
29-Jan-2007, 11:34
Is there a graflex model that has a revolving back?

thanks.

Dave Parker
29-Jan-2007, 11:38
If I remember right the Super Graphics and super speeds had a revolving back option..

http://www.graflex.org/speed-graphic/graphic-models.html

Dave

Oren Grad
29-Jan-2007, 12:14
If you mean Graflex (the SLR cameras) rather than Graphic (the press cameras), then many (most?) of them had revolving backs. Look for the "RB Graflex" models.

davidb
29-Jan-2007, 13:48
sorry i meant graphic, althought my camera says "crown graphic" and "graflex".

BrianShaw
29-Jan-2007, 13:52
If I remember right the Super Graphics and super speeds had a revolving back option.

Your memory is good, Dave, but I think it was a standard feature rather than an option.

Dave Parker
29-Jan-2007, 14:28
Your memory is good, Dave, but I think it was a standard feature rather than an option.
'
I am sure it was Brian, but I deal with so many darn cameras, I always throw the option in there, Just in Case

:D

Dave

Dan Fromm
29-Jan-2007, 15:28
sorry i meant graphic, althought my camera says "crown graphic" and "graflex".Super Graphic in 4x5, the very early 2x3 RB Speed Graphic, and that's it in Graphics. But and however, your Crown has a tripod socket on the side, under the strap, and the strap unclips to allow rotating the entire camera when shooting from tripod. That's how I shoot verticals with my little 2x3 Graphics.

Bill_1856
29-Jan-2007, 16:17
I was surprised to find that my 4x5 Crown Graphic actually is easier to use when turned for vertical format. Of course, there are virtually no lens movements available.

erie patsellis
31-Jan-2007, 18:21
The B&J 4x5 press camera has front rise, tilt, swing and rotating back. They also go for relatively little money, and make a nice, light "almost" field camera.

erie