PDA

View Full Version : Chasing history home

Deniz Merdanogullari
21-Jan-2007, 20:16
Just wondering if anyone watched this show last night on Treasure HD channel.
They visited Eastman Kodak's house, museum and The interviewer could not have been anymore annoying!

She did not know anything about the medium and certainly did not respect it! They handed her the very first Kodak brownie and she yanked on the shutter cord like it was a rope and made mockery of the medium non stop. The guide who was taking her around also seemed to be irritated by her presence. I thought about writing an e-mail to the producers but couldnt not figure what good that would do.

I hope someone else watched it to share this anger with me

Vaughn
21-Jan-2007, 22:05
I guess this is one of the reasons I don't have a TV...

Unfortunately, people have a nasty habit of mocking what they do not understand (and if they do it professionally, they call it entertainment).

Vaughn

reellis67
22-Jan-2007, 07:13
Poor quality journalism is the norm rather than the exception these days - it's all about shock value, humiliation, and pandering to a bovine audience's interests. The bigger problem is that each time something like this happens, legitimate organizations like the Eastman House are less likely to allow other journalists access in the future.

- Randy

C. D. Keth
25-Jan-2007, 21:35
That is a shame. The people at the Eastman House are wonderful and knowledgeable guides who are there because they want to be. It's a shame that such a great resource would be ridiculed like that. I'm a student and I just asked to look through the archives figuring, "Hey, it's worth a try, right?" and they said "Sure, have some white gloves." and sent an archivist with me to help me find whatever I wanted.