PDA

View Full Version : ack - need help with DeVere 504

Joseph O'Neil
21-Jan-2007, 11:09
Okay, so I am finally installing my "new" used De Vere 504 enlarger in the world's sorriest darkroom, and I don't knwo what one part is for. I plug in the colour head intot he power supply, and then I plug the pwoer supply into my timer, and everything works okay - as far as I can see.

However, there is a part that plugs into the back of the DeVere power supply, and i have no idea where it plugs into. So I am obvious missing something. See pictures - and many thanks. It's been almost 15 years since i ahve use da Devere. :(

joe

Joseph O'Neil
21-Jan-2007, 11:10
One more thing - for those of you into nightmare darkrooms and horrible messes waiting ot be cleaned up and organized, here you go. warning however - not for ht efaint of heart. :D

Fred L
21-Jan-2007, 13:12
Joseph,

In the second photo, the timer power cord goes into the outlet where you have the small black block that plugs into the Trans Stab.

The gray cable from the black block goes into the enlarger socket of your timer.

Fred

Fred L
21-Jan-2007, 13:20
Sorry, I reread my reply and I wasn't super clear Joseph

(1) The black block that says 120 volts, goes into the back of the Trans Stab. (2) The timer power cord goes into the outlet on the black block. (3) The cable from the black block goes into the enlarger outlet of your timer.

The power cable from the Trans Stab goes to household outlet.

Fred

Joseph O'Neil
22-Jan-2007, 06:18
Hi Fred;
It works! thanks.
joe

Fred L
22-Jan-2007, 08:43
Great news Joe :)

To help me along the way with the 504, I picked up a Devere manual from KHB. It could have been written better but it's a good resource nonetheless.

Fred