PDA

View Full Version : source for 8x10 Nagaoka

Jim Friedman
31-Jul-2000, 15:30
I am looking for a source(s) for new and/or used 8x10 Nagaoka(or similarly price d camera of same weight)field camera in the US. Any suggestions?

james mickelson
31-Jul-2000, 20:53
The F Stop in Santa Barbara, Midwest Photo, Lens and Reprographics, pick up a Shutterbug magazine or get a View Camera Magazine. Nags and Tachi's are around at very reasonable prices and are quite functional cameras. james

andrea milano
2-Aug-2000, 14:42
Tachihara, Nagaoka and Wista 8 x 10 are the same cameras (Bromwell as well). Have a look around the net and buy the double rather than the triple extention. Good luck1

Oren Grad
21-Jan-2001, 19:54
For the record, just in case anyone comes browsing through these old messages -

The Wista and double-extension Tachihara appear to be the same camera. However, the triple-extension Tachihara is different, and the Nagaoka 8x10 cameras are also different. I'm aware of at least two versions of the Nagaoka, an older one (which I have) which is a larger version of the familiar old Ikeda/Nagaoka 4x5 design, and a newer one which looks different. Both of these Nagaoka 8x10's are quite a bit lighter than the Wista/Tachihara (around 8 lb. vs. around 10) and the ranges of adjustment on the available movements are different as well.