PDA

View Full Version : Sinar eMotion22 and Arca 6x9. How to join?

foto-z
4-Jan-2007, 23:47
I am about to receive my Sinar eMotion22 with Rollei 6008 adapter.

Rollei makes something called the Panshot which adapts a digital back with Rollei mount to the X-ACT camera, but I believe that this could be modified to fit my old 6x9. John Banister did this DIY, I believe.

Is this the best or indeed only possibility for attaching the digital back to the view camera? If it was considerably cheaper, I could forego the whole sliding adapter configuration with viewing glass, and just mount the back in a static configuration, using either estimated focus for landscapes, or tethered previews, or the upcoming live preview feature which will be available for the eMotion backs.

Whatever I do I want to use well machined connections to prevent the possibility of my digital back taking a fall!

DominiqueMarcWehrli
5-Jan-2007, 04:07
You can order an adapter directly from arca-swiss. It works the same way as with a roll film back. Compose on the ground glass - replace with back - take your image.

Dominique

Bob Salomon
5-Jan-2007, 07:11
Linhof makes a 45 Graflock to Hasselblad V adapter that is $389.00 list.

They also make one for the Technika 23 and the TX 23 at the same price.

foto-z
5-Jan-2007, 07:21
Dominique, do you have any link to that item? As far as I know AS has no website.

Bob, thanks for the info but I have a Rollei 6008 interface, not Hasselblad V, and a Hass V interface on its own is nearly $3K, iirc!

The Panshot is nearly a complete solution and only $1K, which is a step in the right direction.

I have a feeling that no-one else will have support for the Rollei interface, but I thought I would post and ask anyway.

DominiqueMarcWehrli
5-Jan-2007, 08:35
You have to contact a dealer. Or Arca Swiss directly. I got my adapter through my Arca-Swiss dealer.

Dominique