PDA

View Full Version : Correcting converging lines in PS7

domenico Foschi
4-Jan-2007, 21:48
How is it done?
Thank you.

Greg Lockrey
4-Jan-2007, 22:16
One way is to use your crop tool and place the sides of your frame to be in parrallel with the lines that converge in the image. Then crop it.

Jack Flesher
4-Jan-2007, 23:13
You select the entire image and then go to Edit>Transform>Perspective. Now you have handles at the corners and centers for adjustments and reference.

adrian tyler
5-Jan-2007, 06:56
it helps to make the canvas size a bit bigger first too, incredible tool...

Jack Flesher
5-Jan-2007, 16:23
it helps to make the canvas size a bit bigger first too, incredible tool...

Good point :) I usually add 25% in each dimension.

Greg Lockrey
6-Jan-2007, 05:48
Here I've been doing it the "hard" way all this time. Thanks, guys.:)

Leonard Evens
6-Jan-2007, 07:14
There is one point to keep in mind about correcting convergent lines in a photoeditor. Generally, you want to replicate what you would get keeping the back vertical and using a rise. If you just adjust the verticals in your image so that they are parallel and leave the height of the image the same, you won't produce the same effect. You need to increase the height by some amount. If I remember correctly, the Photoshop option for perspective control which crops also produces some stretch , but it may not get it right. There is no foolproof way, just mechanically using information in the image to calculate the needed change in height, so Photoshop can't get it right by itself. You would have to give it additional information such as the angle at which the camera was pointed up or the distance of the camera from the subject, and the Photoshop perspective tool is not equipped to use that information. Panorama tools is equipped to do that, so one way to do it is to use one of the Panorma Tools plugins that are out there. But you can come pretty close by just judging it visually. I find that a stretch of about 10 percent usually does it for me.

C. D. Keth
7-Jan-2007, 20:49
While you do this, it sometimes helps to ahve a grid. View>Show>Grid will do that.