PDA

View Full Version : Mystery camera ???

svlindbe
30-Dec-2006, 13:07
I have come across an unmarked camera, and I wonder if anybody out there can shed some light on who made it and whether the lens mount was used elsewhere. The camera is unmarked, but it most resembles an oscilloscope camera to me. It has a Graflok back (4x5"), and came with a reducing back for Mamiya RB film holders (6x7). The lens is a Mamiya-Sekor P4 5,6/75mm (ser.nr. 13272), mounted in a Copal Press no. 0 shutter. I suppose the lens must be a macro lens or an enlarger lens, but it has not been easy to find more about it in the Internet.

One more interesting feature is that the cirkular lensboard is fitted to the camera with a bayonet mount. The mount has a big 78 mm (about 3 1/16") opening and four cams, some of them slotted - see the pictures. The entire ring/lensboard has an outer Ø of 101,5 mm.

The camera cone is made of diecast metal, whereas the shade in front of the lense is steel plate.

So, the new year quiz runs:
- Who made this camera?
- For what was it used?
- Lens data, anyone?
- What is this lens mount called, and was it used in other systems?

Take care with the pyro on New Years eve (and I don't mean you should swap it for D76 as a safety precaution) :-)

Svein

Ralph Barker
30-Dec-2006, 15:03
I don't really have a clue, but I'd guess from the design that it maight have been for military use.

As to that pyro stuff, here in New Mexico we call our jars of jalapeno peppers "pyro". ;)

Happy New Year to you, too, Svein.

Paul Ewins
1-Jan-2007, 23:20
Hi, I've got one of these too and have asked more or less the same questions in the past to no avail. I recently (4 - 6 weeks ago I think) saw one adertised on eBay. I can't for the life of me remember the manufacturer's name (was made in the USA) but it was listed as a scientific camera. It's basically a macro camera, set up to be used at only a few set sizes.

I've done quite a bit of comparing and as far as I can tell the lens mount is unique, although of similar size to the Pentax 67 outer bayonet. Mine came with an extra tube for a different reproduction ratio.

Hope this little bit of information helps.

Nick_3536
2-Jan-2007, 06:03
Could be a copy camera?

I've got the bellows off a similar design B&J [I think it's B&J]