PDA

View Full Version : 5x7 camera

cobalt
27-Dec-2006, 14:20
OK...apparently nobody here has one to sell....where can I get a 5x7 camera? I am about to sell off my MF equipment, including a near new scanner, in order to afford one. Any recommendations?

Ken Lee
27-Dec-2006, 14:27
I will contact you offline. I may be selling mine (http://www.kenleegallery.com/html/tech/tech.html#Kodak). It's a Kodak 2D.

Turner Reich
27-Dec-2006, 15:41
Ken are you getting out of the 5 X 7 format or getting a new 5 X 7 camera? Do you have one in mind?

tr

Ernest Purdum
27-Dec-2006, 18:06
5X7's show up on eBay all the time. From your other posting on the Seneca, I'm assuming that something on this order is what you have in mind, so you might try searching for Ansco, Folmer, Conley, etc. in addition to Seneca.

There are two things to watch out for in all of these and similar. Is the extension present? And, does the focusing travel freely over the bed hinge line and onto the extension? If the focusing mechanism jumps a tooth on one side, the pinions will wear out very quickly.

Ted Harris
27-Dec-2006, 18:39
Why not a more modern camera?

C. D. Keth
27-Dec-2006, 19:13
I have a Gundlach 5x7 that is is very good shape I'm considering selling. It has a 5x7 and 4x5 backs as well as the extension bed present. I recently gave it a big clean-up which included cleaning up the wood and polishing up the metal parts. There's a very nice zeiss 250mm tessar in barrell with it and 6 holders would come with it. Everything is packed in a nice grey pelican case. Drop me a message if you're interested. I can't take pictures of it for about ten days, but would gladly do so when I get off of christmas break and egt back to school.

cobalt
27-Dec-2006, 20:33
Why not a more modern camera?

Would love to have an Ebony...or even a Shen Hao...but I already have...let's see...2 8x10s, 3 4x5s, a 5x7...it looks like the damned things are breeding over here! Bottom line is, I have TOO MUCH in the way of photo gear, and have just purchased a new, expensive film scanner that I hardly use; since I've begun to get what I want from 4x5 and larger, I hardly shoot the blads any more. I can't justify shelling out another 3 grand until I sell something off at least...

Ken Lee
27-Dec-2006, 21:04
Ken are you getting out of the 5 X 7 format or getting a new 5 X 7 camera? Do you have one in mind?
tr

I love the 5x7 format, and the camera.

I may need to redirect some funds, however. :rolleyes:

Turner Reich
28-Dec-2006, 12:29
Ken, sorry I asked, it's none of my business. My thoughts at the time was that you were getting a different 5X7. Hope everything works out for you.

t

Ken Lee
28-Dec-2006, 13:48
No problem. I ain't broke, but I do try to keep things under control, since this is a hobby. Cheaper than a psychiatrist... but a hobby nevertheless.