PDA

View Full Version : Readyload Packets

Randy Toole
20-Dec-2006, 11:54
A new user to large format and wonder what would be the best in pre-loaded film packs, the Kodak readyloads or the Fuji packs. I have heard of the many complaints of light leaks with the Kodak product. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

roteague
20-Dec-2006, 12:40
I've used both, both are fine. However, you shouldn't make your film choice based upon what type of pack it comes in. Fuji and Kodak films are different. Try them to see which you like best, then buy the system that works with that film. FWIW, I use the Fuji system with Fuji Velvia.

naturephoto1
20-Dec-2006, 12:44
I use the new single sheet Kodak Readyload Holder (but also have one of the older 2 sheet Readyload version III as a backup) with Fuji QL film, particularly Velvia.

Rich

Erich Hoeber
20-Dec-2006, 13:08
A number of years ago, there were a lot of problems with Koday readyload packets, but these have all been solved now. You just need to make sure that you have the latest version of the Readyload holder -- it's got a red push-release thing. I haven't used Quickloads, but I understand that it's a very reliable system as well. The choice really just depends on what sort of film you want to shoot. If I were a chrome shooter, I'd probably be using Fuji.