PDA

View Full Version : FP4+ in Clayton F76+

Erich Hoeber
17-Dec-2006, 15:56
I've been experimenting with F76+. I love it because it's cheap and easy to mix and gives great results, but I'm getting lower ISO than I do with other developers. FP4+ is giving me about ISO 64. There's not much data published on this developer and I'd be curious to know if this result is typical. Can anyone report on their experience?

Erich

Robert Ley
17-Dec-2006, 22:10
Erich,
I used Clayton F76+ on some new Tri-x pan in 135 and was very disappointed in the results. The negs were very thin and I used the times in http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html
I adjusted the times for my method of processing and added about 25%. What you say about FP4+ souped in F76 does not surprise me.

Erich Hoeber
18-Dec-2006, 00:00
Just to clarify the question, I love this developer. I was just surprised by the effective speed established through BTZS-type testing and was curious if others are getting the same result.

Bruce Barlow
18-Dec-2006, 06:02
Just to clarify the question, I love this developer. I was just surprised by the effective speed established through BTZS-type testing and was curious if others are getting the same result.

I test and get ISO 64 with FP4 using either HC-110, F-76+ or PMK. Nice film, though.

Erich Hoeber
18-Dec-2006, 18:02
Thanks, Bruce.