PDA

View Full Version : 5x4 Substitute for Agfapan 25 and Rodinal?

Yaakov Asher Sinclair
8-May-2000, 17:02
I get very good results in 120 from Agfapan 25 and Rodinal. Virtually no grain and very sharp. Can anyone suggest a comparable combination in 5x4? I live in Israel and easily available developers are t-max, rodinal, ultrafin ( and ultraf in plus. Film Kodak or Ilford. PS - I don't do an enormous amount of work, so a one-shot dev. is much preferr ed. Thanks in advance for all the help on this board. YA Sinclair

Pete Caluori
8-May-2000, 19:46
Greetings Yaakov,

Since you like Agfa 25 and Rodinal, why don't you try APX100? I frequently use APX 100 in 120 format and find the results very pleasing. I've also tried APX100 in 4x5 with very good results, but my favorite is Delta 100. I've used Rodinal, but like XTOL better.

Regards,

paul owen
9-May-2000, 15:45
Yaakov I too lament the day Agfa25 was withdrawn in 5x4, but still use it in a 6x9 roll film back on my LF. I have had similar results with FP4 Plus but I use PMK Pyro to dev the negs. This is a great dev and is one shot with impressive keeping qualities. But I don't know how easy it is to source in Israel ( I get mine from Silverprint in the UK email me if you want the address/telephone as I deal with them mail order) Regards Paul

Joel Collins
11-May-2000, 19:31
I also recommend that you try Agfa APX 100. It's my favorite B&W film.