PDA

View Full Version : Well I might as well say HI!

Dave Parker
12-Dec-2006, 22:24
Many of you know me, but figured I would jump in and say hi to everybody.

Dave Parker

Capocheny
12-Dec-2006, 22:34
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum... I've bought 3 of your ground glasses (4x5, 5x7, and 8x10) and can only say very positive things about them!

The "other" place where you hang out is fun... but this is the creme de la creme of forums on the internet! :)

Cheers

JBrunner
12-Dec-2006, 22:49
Hi Dave,

Nice to see you here. I'm mostly a lurker around here, but I come out once in a while.

naturephoto1
13-Dec-2006, 00:04
Hi Dave,

Welcome friend to Large Format Photography Forum. Look forward to many positive interactions here.

Rich

Amund BLix Aaeng
13-Dec-2006, 00:24
Nice to see you here too Dave! I look through your glass every day :)

Oren Grad
13-Dec-2006, 01:10
'Twas a couple of 6.5x8.5 ground glasses for me - way cool...

Welcome!

Ron Marshall
13-Dec-2006, 07:52
Welcome to the forum Dave. Your glass is in my Sinar F1.

Ralph Barker
13-Dec-2006, 08:17
Hey, Dave. How's the grind? ;)

Jim Galli
13-Dec-2006, 08:18
Hi Dave! Yep, 11X14 and 12X20.

Bruce Osgood
13-Dec-2006, 08:53
Hi Dave,
I stuck my nose in here a few months ago. Been lurking ever sense.

Oh yea, twp 4X5s an couldn't be happier

BrianShaw
13-Dec-2006, 09:01
Hi Dave! Welcome.

roteague
13-Dec-2006, 10:31
It is always great to have you around!!

BruceN
13-Dec-2006, 12:02
Howdy!

kjsphotography
13-Dec-2006, 14:37
Hey Dave welcome!

Dorothy Blum Cooper
13-Dec-2006, 16:30
Don't I know you!? :p

You're that guy I purchased my 8x10 GG from...I've even referred a friend or two your way. ;)

John Bowen
13-Dec-2006, 16:52
Hi Dave,

Welcome. This forum can be a whole lot of fun. You'll find Steve, Sandy and Jorge here. They add some "spice" to some of the conversations. This is a great group.

I've got your glass on my 7x17, 2 8x10's and a 4x5.....GREAT STUFF that Satin Snow.

Turner Reich
14-Dec-2006, 05:03
Hi, Parker is it? Dave Parker? What's the largest ground glass you have made? Do you use machines to make them or is it all done by hand? You don't smoke do you? This is a great forum and you can expect a lot of great conversations and information. What's your favorite camera, is it a large format or hand held? Jim has the largest camera, I think, here. By the way what's the smallest ground glass you have made? I own a couple of your gg's and they are by and far the best I have owned and I have had some from Toyo, Linhof and Sinar. They came with grids printed on them, do you know how they do that and do you think it would be hard to do?

Welcome to the group, I like 5X7 a lot but I have the moving up spirit. How much glass to you go through in a year if you don't mind me asking?

tr

Sheldon N
14-Dec-2006, 07:54
Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Just got my glass a couple weeks ago. Dave's a great guy to deal with.

Dave Parker
14-Dec-2006, 15:00
Hi, Parker is it? Dave Parker? What's the largest ground glass you have made? Do you use machines to make them or is it all done by hand? You don't smoke do you? This is a great forum and you can expect a lot of great conversations and information. What's your favorite camera, is it a large format or hand held? Jim has the largest camera, I think, here. By the way what's the smallest ground glass you have made? I own a couple of your gg's and they are by and far the best I have owned and I have had some from Toyo, Linhof and Sinar. They came with grids printed on them, do you know how they do that and do you think it would be hard to do?

Welcome to the group, I like 5X7 a lot but I have the moving up spirit. How much glass to you go through in a year if you don't mind me asking?

tr

Thanks,

Yes, I smoke, largest screen I have made is 24 x 36, in three years we have made over 20,000 screens, everything we do is by hand, all of the glass grinding is a hand operation at this time, we go through about 10,000 square feet of glass every six months, grids normally are applied with silk screening or an etching machine. I really don't have a favorite camera, I use which ever works for the job I am doing, the biggest camera I have ever owned is a 16x20 and I don't know if Jim owns the biggest, there are a lot of different cameras out there, but I am sure Jim would be in the running. My smallest ground screen has be a 24 x 36mm size, for a special application.

Dave

Turner Reich
14-Dec-2006, 16:03
Thanks for all of the information, interesting that the largest size gg is 24 x 36 and the smallest 24 x 36 in mm. Did you use the 16 x 20 very much, that's a really ultra large size? I hope you ain't breathing the ground glass particles. I would be like silicosis wouldn't it? Has anyone ever asked for a tinted ground glass? I hear of a man who wanted one like a sunglass to cut down on the bright light. That was new to me.

Best Regards,

tr

RichSBV
14-Dec-2006, 23:48
What the heck, I may as well welcome you here too ;)

Even though noone knows that I'm here! :p

(and yes, I use his glass too :D )

Diane Maher
15-Dec-2006, 06:08
Hi Dave! Welcome to the LF forum. :)

David A. Goldfarb
15-Dec-2006, 08:16
I've got a Satinsnow glass in my Bronica S2a. Welcome to the LF forum!

Marko
15-Dec-2006, 08:20
I haven't got one yet, but might soon.

Nice to have you here regardless. :)

neil poulsen
15-Dec-2006, 09:29
I've got a Satinsnow glass in my Bronica S2a. Welcome to the LF forum!

I have an S2a. Are your screens pretty bright? Is it a direct fit for the Bronica; how easy are they to install. My original Bronica screen works OK, but it's not very bright.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

David A. Goldfarb
15-Dec-2006, 10:49
Yeah, Dave's screen was an improvement over the original Bronica screen, but you'll be keeping the Bronica fresnel lens under the screen. He cuts them to size, so it's a direct fit. Take out the old screen, and put in the new one, and replace that foam under the frame while you're at it.

Ole Tjugen
15-Dec-2006, 13:09
Hi Dave!

I'll wait a couple of months with getting a new Satin Snow glass for the Carbon Infinity, but at least I've found my calipers now so I can get exact measurements.

The one I have on my Bergheil is just great!

David Karp
15-Dec-2006, 14:59
. . . grids normally are applied with silk screening or an etching machine . . . .

Welcome aboard, from one Dave to another!

Do I take it from the above that you are now offering glasses etched or silkscreened gridlines?

Dave Parker
15-Dec-2006, 16:04
Welcome aboard, from one Dave to another!

Do I take it from the above that you are now offering glasses etched or silkscreened gridlines?

Hi David, thanks for the welcome. No unfortunately we are not offering gridlines yet, I would like to in the future, but still have not perfected an economical way to do it, and I am happy with our pricing structure so don't want to add additional cost for the end customer..

Thanks again.

Dave

sanking
15-Dec-2006, 16:26
I have a Satin Snow on my 7X17 Canham. Great ground glass.

Sandy King

John Voss
27-Dec-2006, 16:13
Hi Dave! This thread has been dormant for about 12 days now, so I thought I'd bump it into Winter at least :D . I just started using my brand new Shen-Hao that I ordered with an SS screen. I installed it the first day. Just as before, on my Toyo/Omega, it's terrific! Sorry I no longer 'see' you on apug, but I'm glad you're here. Happy New Year!

naturephoto1
27-Dec-2006, 16:18
Hi Dave! This thread has been dormant for about 12 days now, so I thought I'd bump it into Winter at least :D . I just started using my brand new Shen-Hao that I ordered with an SS screen. I installed it the first day. Just as before, on my Toyo/Omega, it's terrific! Sorry I no longer 'see' you on apug, but I'm glad you're here. Happy New Year!

Hi John,

Nice to see you here at LFPF as well as at APUG. :D And yes, Dave makes some nice GG. I have one in my Linhof Technikardan 45S and expect to order one for my Toho FC-45X which I hope arrives tomorrow. :eek: :cool:

Rich

Dave Parker
27-Dec-2006, 17:22

Hi John,

Thanks for the kudos, I am always glad to hear when one of our products helps you see better, I am happy to be here! Seems like a nice place to hang out!

Happy Holidays.

Dave

Wayne R. Scott
30-Dec-2006, 17:51
Hi Dave and Welcome,

I don't post much here but I do have Satin Snow on 4 4x5"s, 2 5x7's and 2 8x10's. I think they are a great improvement. I just won another 8x10 in a weak moment. We will see what it looks like when it arrives. It may be worth fixing up, if so I guess I'll get another screen:)

Wayne

snuck
30-Dec-2006, 18:16
Hello Sir Parker.... in Canada I've got a satin snow in my speed graphic... glad to have ye.

gene LaFord
30-Dec-2006, 18:19
Hey Dave, how are you doing? Love my SS groundglass onmy 4x5 and 5x7. Focusing is so much easier now and they almost make me want to shoot color!
For those out there that don't have a SS on their LF camera... whatcha waiting for?? :D

gene

Andrew O'Neill
1-Jan-2007, 11:19
Hi!

Glen Barry
4-Jan-2007, 07:41
How neat to find this website. I still find a great deal of pleasure in 4x5 photography
that other formats just cant fulfill.

Glen Barry
4-Jan-2007, 07:43
How neat to find this website. I still find a great deal of pleasure in 4x5 photography
that other formats just cant fulfill.:)